• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We currently have the #2 pick in the draft :)

Varking

50 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And before you keep pushing your Justin field narrative.. Last 4 weeks that offense with no where near the talent we have is putting 25+ points a game.. We just scored 3 points today???? Smh

Field is dead last in passing yards for starting QBs this year and 26th amongst all QBs this year. He's not good. 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Then agree to disagree..

So who you got?  Stroud or Young?  IMO Stroud is more system than talent.  Young as much as I love his skills reminds me of RGIII.  1st time he doesn't slide he's gonna get lit up like a christmas tree and that will be that.   Any other QB is not worthy of a high pick.   If you insist on a QB in round 1, trade down and get Richardson or the newest old name Rattler later in round 1.  There will be several good ones in round two.  Though hurt Hooker will be there in round 2, Penix from Oregon, via Indiana. is another.  All have talent to play in the NFL and all have the chance to bust.  There are several I didn't name but are also interesting prospects. 

@Aussie Tank wants to just forget about Corral because he got injured in preseason and to date, I believe that was planned.  Fun conspiracy theory.   Most will agree he got a bum deal in preseason.  Most agree that Rhule fugged the Panthers by not developing Corral.  Most agree except those that want a QB in top of round 1.  They want their shiny new toy even though they have one aleady. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008
  • Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Field is dead last in passing yards for starting QBs this year and 26th amongst all QBs this year. He's not good. 

Fields is a 2nd year player under his 2nd offensive system with 1 of the worst roster around him.. He has a reason to not be good.. But still he’s way better then any QB on our roster.. And I’d take him right now then watch this shitty offense now..

Edited by WOW!!

Just now, WOW!! said:

Fields is a 2nd year player under his 2nd offensive system with 1 of the worst roster around him.. He has a reason to not be good.. But still he’s way better then any QB on our roster..

So answer me this, why is it Fields gets all the excuses in the world as to why he's not lighting it up yet? However, 99% of the tankers disregard Corral as an afterthought?  He's not allowed any leeway based on Rhule's handling of his development.  Because he looked terrible in game one but better in game two of a preseason where he saw limited Reps.

Why the double standard?

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

So who you got?  Stroud or Young?  IMO Stroud is more system than talent.  Young as much as I love his skills reminds me of RGIII.  1st time he doesn't slide he's gonna get lit up like a christmas tree and that will be that.   Any other QB is not worthy of a high pick.   If you insist on a QB in round 1, trade down and get Richardson or the newest old name Rattler later in round 1.  There will be several good ones in round two.  Though hurt Hooker will be there in round 2, Penix from Oregon, via Indiana. is another.  All have talent to play in the NFL and all have the chance to bust.  There are several I didn't name but are also interesting prospects. 

@Aussie Tank wants to just forget about Corral because he got injured in preseason and to date, I believe that was planned.  Fun conspiracy theory.   Most will agree he got a bum deal in preseason.  Most agree that Rhule fugged the Panthers by not developing Corral.  Most agree except those that want a QB in top of round 1.  They want their shiny new toy even though they have one aleady. 

cool your opinion.. Stroud and young are both better QBs then Corral and I’m not waiting or risking not getting 1 of them if they are in our range..

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

So answer me this, why is it Fields gets all the excuses in the world as to why he's not lighting it up yet? However, 99% of the tankers disregard Corral as an afterthought?  He's not allowed any leeway based on Rhule's handling of his development.  Because he looked terrible in game one but better in game two of a preseason where he saw limited Reps.

Why the double standard?

Why is this even a discussion for you.. If you like Corral cool.. But reality is Fields, Young and Stroud are projected to be better players.. They all have and had better college production.. And all are better prospects.. 

Reality

Just now, WOW!! said:

cool your opinion.. Stroud and young are both better QBs then Corral and I’m not waiting or risking not getting 1 of them if they are in our range..

Weak argument, bro.  I haven't seen one thing Stroud does great, alot of nice things and some bad things.  Young, as I said earlier, his height worries me.  I remember RGIII.  Fortunately for the Redskins they drafted Cousins.  Oh yeah, late in the same draft. 

Based on? Quick Release, accuracy, mobility, leadership? Or maybe it is just a freak accident with an O-Line that couldn't protect our children (on the field), as you proof they are better.  The only thing you truly have is all these talking heads thinks he's ready.  

Oh that's right, Corral comes from a Pistol offense where he doesn't go under center.  Stroud and Young are different because they are thoroughbreds for Alabama and OSU. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Why is this even a discussion for you.. If you like Corral cool.. But reality is Fields, Young and Stroud are projected to be better players.. They all have and had better college production.. And all are better prospects.. 

Reality

Jamarcus Russel won the national championship with LSU and is considered the biggest bust in NFL history.   His college production was amazing.  David Carr had an amazing college career and bombed out.  Do I need to go on with how great of college production means in the NFL?

Fields is 3-8 in his 2nd year.  He loves to run, one day that is going to get him destroyed.  How does that make him a better prospect.  

This is a consistent argument for the Tanker crew.  They are blah blah blah better than anyone from last year.  Alabama is having one of their worst seasons and most likely will miss the playoffs, I guess Young is the scapegoat.  He gets all the praise when he wins, why not the losses. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Most will agree if any team thought he was more than a project they would have drafted him earlier. So you have a project QB missing his first year to injury going into a coaching change. 
Sounds like a shiny new toy hey 

27 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Fields is a 2nd year player under his 2nd offensive system with 1 of the worst roster around him.. He has a reason to not be good.. But still he’s way better then any QB on our roster.. And I’d take him right now then watch this shitty offense now..

Corral is better 

3 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Most will agree if any team thought he was more than a project they would have drafted him earlier. So you have a project QB missing his first year to injury going into a coaching change. 
Sounds like a shiny new toy hey 

Most will also agree several talking heads had him as the best QB in the draft and his stock dropped over some BS off the field statements.  

I have no issues with drafting a QB but I can guarantee you that Corral will be in the conversation with our prospective head coach.  

You love riding the injury and lower draft status as if it is your only justification.  Many of Corral's traits transition to the NFL quite well.  Especially decision making and quick release.  He had, by far, the quickest release of any QB in recent drafts including this one. 

Here's the way I see it.  

Trade down and get a 1st this year and next.  Pick a QB, whoever it may be with the lower pick.  Let that QB and Corral compete.  If they both bomb you have 2 first round picks to move up and get a Franchise QB like Maye.   And you don't have to tank to do it. 

• Pie 1