• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We currently have the #2 pick in the draft :)

Varking

15 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Corral is better 

In fairness, I don't know if he is or isn't better but what I do know is that he'll compete for the starting job.  I don't give a rats @SS if that QB is the #1 pick.  He's not going to be given the keys without earning it. 

Anyone that believes that the head coach is going to give the rookie QB the starting job without working for it, is insane.   To the chagrin of our Tanker counterparts that believe a drafted QB has the job and it's his to lose, they are wrong.   He may be given every opportunity to win it, but Corral is going to be out there showing he is as good if not better.

T

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Most will also agree several talking heads had him as the best QB in the draft and his stock dropped over some BS off the field statements.  

I have no issues with drafting a QB but I can guarantee you that Corral will be in the conversation with our prospective head coach.  

You love riding the injury and lower draft status as if it is your only justification.  Many of Corral's traits transition to the NFL quite well.  Especially decision making and quick release.  He had, by far, the quickest release of any QB in recent drafts including this one. 

Here's the way I see it.  

Trade down and get a 1st this year and next.  Pick a QB, whoever it may be with the lower pick.  Let that QB and Corral compete.  If they both bomb you have 2 first round picks to move up and get a Franchise QB like Maye.   And you don't have to tank to do it. 

We keep going around in circles yes I believe teams tell the truth when they use draft capital especially on the QB position. And losing an entire season being a project/system QB puts him right behind the 8 ball. Sure I believe he will be on the roster but if we draft a bloke high it will take minor miracle for him to win the job 

58 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Weak argument, bro.  I haven't seen one thing Stroud does great, alot of nice things and some bad things.  Young, as I said earlier, his height worries me.  I remember RGIII.  Fortunately for the Redskins they drafted Cousins.  Oh yeah, late in the same draft. 

Based on? Quick Release, accuracy, mobility, leadership? Or maybe it is just a freak accident with an O-Line that couldn't protect our children (on the field), as you proof they are better.  The only thing you truly have is all these talking heads thinks he's ready.  

Oh that's right, Corral comes from a Pistol offense where he doesn't go under center.  Stroud and Young are different because they are thoroughbreds for Alabama and OSU. 

Weak argument?? Lol 

You want to have a debate about a 3round QB who hasn’t played a down in the NFL.. Or base our draft Strategy on that QB.. lol 

no weak fuging opinion..

years of  production .. That’s the difference check their numbers in college compared to his and keep acting like you don’t see the difference.,

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Jamarcus Russel won the national championship with LSU and is considered the biggest bust in NFL history.   His college production was amazing.  David Carr had an amazing college career and bombed out.  Do I need to go on with how great of college production means in the NFL?

Fields is 3-8 in his 2nd year.  He loves to run, one day that is going to get him destroyed.  How does that make him a better prospect.  

This is a consistent argument for the Tanker crew.  They are blah blah blah better than anyone from last year.  Alabama is having one of their worst seasons and most likely will miss the playoffs, I guess Young is the scapegoat.  He gets all the praise when he wins, why not the losses. 

This is dumb and way to long and has nothing to do with the underline problem with your opinion..

1. Situation and context is void in your analogy., 

example .. Nobody questioned Russell talent.. Russell didn’t fail because he wasn’t talented he failed because he didn’t want to work on his craft ate to much and decided to not look at film.. Talent and desire to play football are 2 different things..

but again I don’t want to go down the rabbit hole of ppl with your narratives or the not drafting a QB community..  It’s been 4 years of QB band aids and bad QB play.. I’m done with the BS.. Time to change up strategies.. good night 

Edited by WOW!!

10 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Weak argument?? Lol 

You want to have a debate about a 3round QB who hasn’t played a down in the NFL.. Or base our draft Strategy on that QB.. lol 

no weak fuging opinion..

years of  production .. That’s the difference check their numbers in college compared to his and keep acting like you don’t see the difference.,

Don’t bother mate your brain will just start hurting. For some reason they think Corral is some world beating stud and not the project he was drafted in the 3rd to be 

10 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

This is dumb and way to long and has nothing to do with the underline problem with your opinion..

1. Situation and context is void in your analogy., 

example .. Nobody questioned Russell talent.. Russell didn’t fail because he wasn’t talented he failed because he didn’t want to work on his craft ate to much and decided to not look at film.. Talent and desire to play football are 2 different things..

but again I don’t want to go down the rabbit hole of ppl with your narratives or the not drafting a QB community..  It’s been 4 years of QB band aids and bad QB play.. I’m done with the BS.. Time to change up strategies.. good night 

Fair enough on Russell but there a hundred of other top picks that just didn't pan out.  Tanking for one doesn't automatically change your direction.  It only shows your desperate. 

7 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Don’t bother mate your brain will just start hurting. For some reason they think Corral is some world beating stud and not the project he was drafted in the 3rd to be 

WRONG!!!!

You guys just brush him off as an afterthought and ASS-U-ME that because he was a 3rd round QB that he can't or won't compete for the job.  

There isn't a Burrow or Herbert or even a Lawrence in this draft class that would win the job outright.  My contention is and most likely accurate, Corral will compete for the position.  If he doesn't beat the guy out, so be it, but he'll get an opportunity to compete.  You guys think he has no chance, I don't agree. 

You tankers want a QB regardless of other needs and that only 1 or 2 are acceptable.  Anything less is a road down to mediocrity.  I say with this draft class if you have a better opportunity to go down that road anyhow.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Fair enough on Russell but there a hundred of other top picks that just didn't pan out.  Tanking for one doesn't automatically change your direction.  It only shows your desperate. 

WRONG!!!!

You guys just brush him off as an afterthought and ASS-U-ME that because he was a 3rd round QB that he can't or won't compete for the job.  

There isn't a Burrow or Herbert or even a Lawrence in this draft class that would win the job outright.  My contention is and most likely accurate, Corral will compete for the position.  If he doesn't beat the guy out, so be it, but he'll get an opportunity to compete.  You guys think he has no chance, I don't agree. 

You tankers want a QB regardless of other needs and that only 1 or 2 are acceptable.  Anything less is a road down to mediocrity.  I say with this draft class if you have a better opportunity to go down that road anyhow.

You get a little attacky when people don’t have the same opinion as you don’t ya hahah. Go outside and yell at the clouds you’ll feel better 

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

And how many wins?  

What's the difference?  3-8 is 3-8 and this is with a 2nd year QB.  I guarantee you, if Fields was on this team the huddle would be screaming to tank for another QB. 

LOL this is the dude that called Lance a bust after one game.  One game in a god damn hurricane and this dude says he is a bust. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

WRONG!!!!

Hurt 3rd round qbs dont compete with top 5 qbs in the nfl

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

WRONG!!!!

LoL. Calm down dude. Corral will get a chance to compete for the job.

Then all the people who support him or don’t support him will be validated  

QB is the #1 need this off-season as it has been the last 3 years. 

7 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Weak argument?? Lol 

no weak fuging opinion..

Their numbers at Ohio State and Alabama?

That's what you are hanging your hat on?