• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If season ended today which QB would you take.

Panthercougar68

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Richardson is a project that has a very large likelihood of not being ever completed, so taking him in the top 10 would likely be a massive mistake. Not to mention a player like that would be in desperate need of a good QB coach to help them develop properly. That will be the same with any project QB with a steeper learning curve. 

So the questions to answer are(in order):

1. Is there a surefire franchise QB(or QB's) available?

2. Is there a developmental QB prospect worth taking in the top 10?

3. Is there a top end project QB(or QB's) that you don't consider top 10 draft worthy?

You basically adjust your draft strategy around that if you are a QB desperate team the way that we are. The lower end options also include having to resort to a stop gap FA option.....again.

1. Nope. They don't exist.

2. Maybe. I expect draft evaluations of these QBs to be all over the place. A lot of teams will balk at Young's size. Teams will likely hesitate wondering if Stroud would translate to a team that isn't far more talented than the competition. I just don't get the Levis hype at all.

3. Maybe. Richardson has the most intriguing blend of physical talent IMO. It all comes down to his interviews and background investigation.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Easiest way for him to do that is to stop being so involved.

Yep. I've been begging for him to call Kevin Colbert and pay him whatever it takes to come in as a consultant and build him a legit football operation. He doesn't have to stick around. Just come in and make sure sure we get the right people in place.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I would take Richardson after the top ten. The only QB I would take in the top ten is Young. He has the skills, arm, and is already being looked at as a star. Yes, his size is a concern, but the NFL will protect him.

If he can't see over the line like Kyler then he is useless. 

Did you not see Hopkins yelling at Murray?

You can't roll them out every play.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1. Nope. They don't exist.

2. Maybe. I expect draft evaluations of these QBs to be all over the place. A lot of teams will balk at Young's size. Teams will likely hesitate wondering if Stroud would translate to a team that isn't far more talented than the competition. I just don't get the Levis hype at all.

3. Maybe. Richardson has the most intriguing blend of physical talent IMO. It all comes down to his interviews and background investigation.

1. is based on what the FO and scouting department think. There are ample instances of people thinking that X QB was a surefire thing.

It's acknowledged that risk is involved.

I think the issues with Richardson are 100% with the tape. His tools are fine.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Young already plays with an NFL size Oline and sees over, around, and through them just fine.

He doesn't play against NFL size defenses. It's not just his line he has to deal with.

The middle of the field has been taken away from Kyler. If he can't see you know Young wont.

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

If he can't see over the line like Kyler then he is useless. 

Did you not see Hopkins yelling at Murray?

You can't roll them out every play.

Murray is small, but his biggest issue is not his size.  His problem is that he wants to go out there and wing it.  He doesn't have the mental level commitment in the film room to grow as a player.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He doesn't play against NFL size defenses. It's not just his line he has to deal with.

The middle of the field has been taken away from Kyler. If he can't see you know Young wont.

I bet you wouldn't see a huge difference in OL and DL average height/length in the NFL vs. high level P5 college teams.

• Pie 2