• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before it becomes a topic of conversation this off-season

LinvilleGorge

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or felt like it was "sh-t or get off the pot" time with him.

There have been people suggesting John Lynch should be fired over that trade. I don't think I'd go that far because overall the 49ers are still good, but that particular transaction looks like a disaster right now.

Mind you, the general consensus is that Adam Peters is the one who does all the actual personnel work anyway so if Lynch were to be fired it might be a largely symbolic move.

Either way I don't want us trading for a QB again, we need to draft one.  I just think it's waaaaaay to early to write off Lance.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Either way I don't want us trading for a QB again, we need to draft one.  I just think it's waaaaaay to early to write off Lance.  

Well to be clear, I'm not necessarily writing him off. I just wouldn't trade for him...or anyone else.

I'm in agreement that it's time to draft our own.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Why get Lance when we already got our own young injured QB who looked like poo in preseason on the roster 

Under Rhule this team has done everything is could to delay the inevitable. Picking up retreads that never were instead of taking our lumps with a rookie draft pick. No bridge qb horseshit to screw up your draft order if the rookie fails. That's the only way to start a rebuild, a true rebuild.  Hopefully next year they will figure that out.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

45 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

I know but I sure do have wishful thinking regarding him. I never gave him a shot in the world or ever believed he would be successful and he sure made me eat my words. I would have straight up traded CMC for him that's for sure.

Lincoln Riley is the college version of Andy Reid. As big of a UNC fan as I am, if I had a son who was an elite QB prospect I'd make him at least entertain what Riley had to say.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I honestly don't know yet.

I'm probably gonna pay more attention to the offseason process this year because I feel like I don't know as much as I want to.

No one knows we are just guessing and using our terrible fan scouting skills to explain why we like who we like. 

• Beer 1

44 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Under Rhule this team has done everything is could to delay the inevitable. Picking up retreads that never were instead of taking our lumps with a rookie draft pick. No bridge qb horseshit to screw up your draft order if the rookie fails. That's the only way to start a rebuild, a true rebuild.  Hopefully next year they will figure that out.

We stuffed that 2 should traded Burns and Moore proper reset