• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold is the best QB on this team

onmyown

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Sam has had an opportunity to learn for a year.  He now has an OL.  Get him a TE threat, and he could be good.  Let's watch the rest of the season with an open mind.  I am not optimistic, but the Broncos have a good defense.

You’ll catch hell for the above comment but, I agree.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yep! They “PJed” him big time. Limit his throws to 19 and celebrate he completed 11 of them without a turnover. That’s a successful Darnold outing!

Lol and he tried hard with that double clutch staredown and fumble on the run. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

He did have a couple of nice throws, though. He managed to not fug it up for a dominant running and defensive performance.

All in all, as successful as we can hope for from him.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Let's see how he plays against Seattle on the road and then here against Pittsburgh. He has earned another start but he just showed he can be efficient and do his job. Good start and confidence booster. He isn't worth a contract yet.

That’s an objectively fair assessment.  I’ll allow it.

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Yes Sam has more arm Talent than AR15.

Absolutely 💯 

“Physical” talent was the word you used. Sam is physically is on par with Penix. Mentally Penix can actually read a defense and plays with courage vs timid skittishness.

After watching Sam look shook and literally crying on the sidelines I don’t see how anyone can think he is a rational option…

27 minutes ago, Basbear said:

My god, even your ability to judge time is totally bizarre as well ...... do me a favor brother, make a doctors appointment as soon as you can. Maybe lay off the hashish as well.....

Stay mad. 😂

You realize I can pop on, check notification, reply and be gone, right? This took maybe 20 seconds.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol and he tried hard with that double clutch staredown and fumble on the run. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

He did have a couple of nice throws, though. He managed to not fug it up for a dominant running and defensive performance.

All in all, as successful as we can hope for from him.

I didn’t even realized he fumbled… So people are loving 11/19 with a TD and fumble against the 3-7 Broncos?? 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Stay mad. 😂

You realize I can pop on, check notification, reply and be gone, right? This took maybe 20 seconds.

Bro theres no mad in my posting, just thoughts about your welling being. Keep moping for a team you dont care about(after the fact you didnt watch..) while using a broken sun dial as a time keeper.. 

for real see a doctor and keep pounding!

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Bro theres no mad in my posting, just thoughts about your welling being. Keep moping for a team you dont care about(after the fact you didnt watch..) while using a broken sun dial as a time keeper.. 

for real see a doctor and keep pounding!

Just because it takes someone with an IQ of 65 ten minutes to type a post doesn't mean the same for others. I'm sure you're quite familiar with mental health professionals. I'll be fine. Thanks though. 👍

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

Newton fell short because the team failed to adequately build around him and relied on his abilities rather than maximize them. You only want a QB that fits into your box it won't happen and we will have another that will make you squirm. I'll be happy to see it.

He routinely sailed passes high wide and behind.

That's how we ended up with Benjamin. Because they kept drafting guys with huge catch radius so Cam might be able to hit them.

He routinely didn't put it on the money on 15 to 20yd crossing routes.

His checkdowns rivaled Nolan Ryan.

He had a great deep ball

A great seam ball (we saw that with Cmac last year)

And an ok deep out.

He lost at least 2 games late with his arm in his last real stints with us Detroit and Washington.  There were others but those stick out the most because they were not only the most recent but most egregious. 

He was a great football player. A world class human being. But he was never an elite QB.

• Poo 2

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

“Physical” talent was the word you used. Sam is physically is on par with Penix. Mentally Penix can actually read a defense and plays with courage vs timid skittishness.

After watching Sam look shook and literally crying on the sidelines I don’t see how anyone can think he is a rational option…

Arm talent is all that matters for QBs when it comes to physical talent lol