• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Darnold plays well,do they keep him around?

Jmac

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

there are around 5 starting nfl qbs that have been drafted from the 3rd round and beyond. 

That's a stat not proof.  You have no idea of whether he will be good enough. NONE

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The odds of him making us competitive or even contributing even now that he is hurt are beyond astronomical.

Opinion only.  You have no idea whatsoever. NONE

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Keep your head in the sand and keep spouting ridiculous takes so we can keep laughing at you though because you are true treasure.

Who's head is in the sand?  Not mine.   I at least say he'll get an opportunity to be our quarterback.  I've never said he was the answer.  Not once, I have said he'll be given the opportunity.  You and the other Corral haters won't even acknowledge that he'll get an opportunity.  NO ONE OF YOU.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Tell me again how Trey lance is a bust after one game. 

Talking about head in the sand.  You cry "he was in a monsoon" hahahahaha 16 MPH winds, 69 degrees.  OMG what a monsoon.  The kid looked worse than Corral did and he had a complete season with the team.  1st team reps all summer and somehow he gets a pass.   Corral had NO first team Reps at any time and "He's non competitive" Please. Your double standards are showing quite clearly. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

Funny, 1 TD and 257 yards/ game with less than 70% completion percentage on average spells doesn't spell world beater to me. Not to mention in college, they were averaging less than 30 attempts per game, which tells me they preferred running the ball. Kind of like the Panthers now, who can't trust their passing game.

Pat Mahomes for example, averaged 421 yds and over 3 tds per game with his arm. Let's assume legs equate to the same skill level, which they don't because Mahomes awareness is through the roof, and he is 3xs the QB Corral was statistically in comparison of their best seasons in college. 

These are the types of guys who win Superbowls in the NFL, and if you wanna sit here and tell me otherwise..you are most.likely the one with little to no football knowledge. I could scheme you under the table, I've coached I've played, and I've scouted. I've studied this game. And while your entitled to your opinion, your also entitled to being disagreed with. Matt Corral has yet to prove himself to be nothing more than an athlete that throws. Until he doesn't look like a scared little girl in anything other than a preseason game, against college level 2s and 3s(which he should be used to) under center then we can talk. Until then, go ride his 🍆 elsewhere.

So much is off about this. First I don’t think you know what objectivity means. 

-Next you focus on college stats without any context. That’s surface level naive. 

-You say “these are the guys that win super bowls.” But you only reference Mahomes and his great stats and “awareness” which you don’t define.

So “Mahomes” is the guys that win Super Bowls…you aren’t wrong, but a kid could tell me that. 

-Then you go on with this “authority” talk about how you played and coached and scouted…which means nothing really. Rhule did those things, and made it to the NFL and sucked ass. You can be involved in football and be terrible.

So instead of telling us you are know poo, why not demonstrate it instead? If you were a scout…talk like a scout.

If you know what the word “trait” means, then speak to what “traits” make a QB great. Stats and general “awareness” isn’t it man. 

12 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

you go on with this “authority” talk about how you played and coached and scouted

This

I throw the bullshit flag on this one too. I seriously doubt he did any of this.  Any player, coach or scout would not discount players on his team at any time.  Playing Madden 22 doesn't constitute playing.   

• Beer 1

Corral will get a chance in training camp in the loose sense, but the cards are stacked against him, between a certainty in new QBs in the room, a likely new coach (and a certainty on the offense side of the ball), and potentially even a new GM (doubtful tho). He'll still be on the roster and get a chance to wow people, but given the injury, it is highly unlikely that he will have any time to really develop and he was honestly terrible in his first preseason. I hope for the best for him, but the team won't plan around him.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Corral will get a chance in training camp in the loose sense, but the cards are stacked against him, between a certainty in new QBs in the room, a likely new coach (and a certainty on the offense side of the ball), and potentially even a new GM (doubtful tho). He'll still be on the roster and get a chance to wow people, but given the injury, it is highly unlikely that he will have any time to really develop and he was honestly terrible in his first preseason. I hope for the best for him, but the team won't plan around him.

In our current draft position we are most likely not getting Stroud or Young.   I don't think we are done winning.   This puts us into the 2nd tier of QBs that have as many question marks as Corral does.   It also puts us in a position to draft another need or trade down.

None of us know what the new coaching staff will see in Corral, whether good or bad.  Everyone assumes that it is automatic that the new coach will draft a QB.   Once again, it isn't going to be Stroud or Young.   

The injury was a freak injury.  It isn't a shoulder injury, it was an ankle.  People act as if it is come career ending injury.  I also believe it was made to be worse to get him on IR but that's just an opinion.  

I also don't believe it will be a "Mayfield" competition where the QB is preselected and it's just for show.  

I look forward to seeing him compete for the job.

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The injury was a freak injury.  It isn't a shoulder injury, it was an ankle.  People act as if it is come career ending injury.  I also believe it was made to be worse to get him on IR but that's just an opinion.  

It was a lisfranc injury, which is his foot.  Same thing that caused Cam to sit out essentially an entire season.

• Beer 2

10 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

It was a lisfranc injury, which is his foot.  Same thing that caused Cam to sit out essentially an entire season.

Hard to get a read on recovery timelines. Jake Locker had the same surgery in Nov 2013 and he was practicing in May 2014 (not that he's anything to aim for QB wise). Corral was already out of his boot mid October. I've read some guys can start running/planting as soon as 4 months after surgery

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Objective?  You gotta be kidding me.  You are going to sit here and tell me Corral had a real opportunity?  Which by your statement that's exactly what you are saying.   Anyone that knows football knows that Corral wasn't given one true opportunity in training camp or preseason.  As I've said 1000x Corral was given 5 minutes at the end of practice.  Do you truly believe that was fair? 

It's not a bias it is a belief that given a real opportunity he will perform well.  You on the other hand have total discounted any possibility based on no facts.  We traded a pick for him.  We moved up to get him.  The only person that held him back was Rhule.  You say he ain't good enough to make us competitive.  How so?  No one know because Rhule had Mayfield as his boy and that was that. You're so hell bent on us drafting a QB that you'll discount him regardless of anything.

I don't know where you think I get upset.  I do get irritated with idiots that say 99.99% chance he won't succeed.  This is a stupid, ignorant and utterly dumb statement.  Based on absolutely no facts.  

You're a tanker, you're a loser at any cost which tells me you know absolutely nothing about professional sports and their players.  Better that you go play with your Madden 22 and leave the chatter about the team to those that understand professional sports. 

You embarrass your profile name.  diehard... hahahaha as long as we are winning.    

Yeah you know nothing about me personally. I want us to win lol, that's why I think betting on Corral is a pipe dream..I've laid out my facts and reason on other posts. I'll let you go on your rant.

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

So much is off about this. First I don’t think you know what objectivity means. 

-Next you focus on college stats without any context. That’s surface level naive. 

-You say “these are the guys that win super bowls.” But you only reference Mahomes and his great stats and “awareness” which you don’t define.

So “Mahomes” is the guys that win Super Bowls…you aren’t wrong, but a kid could tell me that. 

-Then you go on with this “authority” talk about how you played and coached and scouted…which means nothing really. Rhule did those things, and made it to the NFL and sucked ass. You can be involved in football and be terrible.

So instead of telling us you are know poo, why not demonstrate it instead? If you were a scout…talk like a scout.

If you know what the word “trait” means, then speak to what “traits” make a QB great. Stats and general “awareness” isn’t it man. 

His traits being that his throwing mechanics are terrible. Pocket awareness is non existent. And based on the offenses that he has been a part of, which is all we have to go by at this point, shows that he has a minimal knowledge of the game. Most colleges do not run an advanced offensive game compared to the NFL level. I don't want to rule him out, I hope he does good. Saves us money, and draft picks. I just don't see it based on the facts and history of the guy at the position..I'm sorry that hurt you and the other guy commenting feelings. Footwork, Mechanics, Knowledge of the game all seem lackluster. He does seem to have the mindset so there is that. But that has taken him this far, the rest will be determined how much he can retain and put into play.

Maybe he will get more of an opportunity bc it is fair to say he didn't get the reps. But at the same time those reps had to be earned and he has been able to do that as of yet. We shall see, if he ever even steps on the field in a starting role, temporarily or permanent, just seems unlikely.

Just not sure why so many are obsessed with a below average QB, that really hasn't shown much. But hey, go off. It really doesn't make a difference to me. I just want to see competent QB play and a glorified Will Greer is what he strikes me off as. And Greer had a better college career and has managed to make the field on game days LOL 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Stingley had the same surgery September 2021 and was full go in March but gave it some more time and was solid at the combine. Everyone recovers different but Corral is already out of the boot going on 5-6 weeks and should be fine to run drills at OTA's

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

His traits being that his throwing mechanics are terrible. Pocket awareness is non existent.

According to you.  He has one of the quickest releases in a QB in many years.  Drop only due to some overblown off the field issues.

Show me the scouting report on Corral that substantiates you claim,

You have no facts.

Lmao ok buddy. And what facts do you stand on that Corral will be starting, much less in a backup role.

He barely even had a completion in the opportunities he's had..and then based on the only other body of work which is college, he did nothing to set himself apart. 

This is all based on what we know and statistics which is all we have to go by.

Your saying he's good. So how are you not the one staying opinions like they are fact?

Are you a Democrat?

• Flames 1

According to you.  He has one of the quickest releases in a QB in many years.  Drop only due to some overblown off the field issues.

Show me the scouting report on Corral that substantiates you claim,

— Good athlete who can make a defender miss with the ball in his hands. Can get to the edge on designed runs.

— Quick-twitch player who can snap throws off play fakes. Has a quick and consistent release and throwing motion.

— Above-average accuracy on short and intermediate throws when in rhythm. Can consistently place the ball to let his receivers run after the catch.

— Above-average arm strength with flashes of being able to drive the ball into tight spaces.

— Tough and competitive player. Does not hesitate when taking defenders on while scrambling or on designed QB runs.

— Flashes the ability to throw off-platform and in scramble drills.

• Beer 1