• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

If Sam goes 5-0 and we already have Corral then I guess a flyer on Richardson or Levis would be OK.

I fully believe Sammy Franchise goes 5-0

As long as they limit his passing snaps and play “keep the ball of out Sam’s hands,” we have a chance…

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

As long as they limit his passing snaps and play “keep the ball of out Sam’s hands,” we have a chance…

You are nuts he's played fine both games.

He can't surgically install hands on his tight ends and throw the ball at the same time.

The TMJ throw was awesome and so was the catch.

35 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You are nuts he's played fine both games.

He can't surgically install hands on his tight ends and throw the ball at the same time.

The TMJ throw was awesome and so was the catch.

I’m just talking about passing attempts and passing yards per attempt. The one drop didn’t change the game plan. Run the ball and keep it out of Sam’s hands. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m just talking about passing attempts and passing yards per attempt. The one drop didn’t change the game plan. Run the ball and keep it out of Sam’s hands. 

Two drops.

Tremble dropped a TD

Sullivan dropped a big gain.

DJ ran a crap route on a TD.

Sam really only had one bad throw that was equally a good play by the DB.

The problem is people here can't set their bias aside when he plays well.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Two drops.

Tremble dropped a TD

Sullivan dropped a big gain.

DJ ran a crap route on a TD.

Sam really only had one bad throw that was equally a good play by the DB.

The problem is people here can't set their bias aside when he plays well.

I didn't say he played bad.  I said we won because our strategy was keep the ball out of Sam's hands.  The staff knows if we have to rely on him we are doomed.  Keep the passing game short and simple (6 yards per attempt) and limit the passing attempts so Sam can't lose the game. 46 rushing attempts to 24 passing. 

So 14/24 for 105 total passing yards is good to you??  10 incompletion to 14 completions.  Drops happen to every QB and even with those 2 he still have 8 incompletions.  This is all with the defense loading the box and our rushing game absolutely crushing it.  

It's funny how you keep talking down draft prospects because you want the next "Manning" or "Montana," but when Sam has a very pedestrian game supported by a great rushing attack you think he played well.  If we make it to the playoffs with this style of play from Sam do you want him as our guy next year?

• Pie 6

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I didn't say he played bad.  I said we won because our strategy was keep the ball out of Sam's hands.  The staff knows if we have to rely on him we are doomed.  Keep the passing game short and simple (6 yards per attempt) and limit the passing attempts so Sam can't lose the game. 46 rushing attempts to 24 passing. 

So 14/24 for 105 total passing yards is good to you??  10 incompletion to 14 completions.  Drops happen to every QB and even with those 2 he still have 8 incompletions.  This is all with the defense loading the box and our rushing game absolutely crushing it.  

It's funny how you keep talking down draft prospects because you want the next "Manning" or "Montana," but when Sam has a very pedestrian game supported by a great rushing attack you think he played well.  If we make it to the playoffs with this style of play from Sam do you want him as our guy next year?

If Sam Darnold goes 5-0 you're damn straight I want him here next year.

I'm not saying Don't draft. I'm not saying Don't develop Corral. I'm not saying Don't have a competition. 

Right now Sam is doing well. Making good checks. Making good throws when called on.

We need to get behind him all the way to the Superbowl 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

31 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

If Sam Darnold goes 5-0 you're damn straight I want him here next year.

I'm not saying Don't draft. I'm not saying Don't develop Corral. I'm not saying Don't have a competition. 

Right now Sam is doing well. Making good checks. Making good throws when called on.

We need to get behind him all the way to the Superbowl 

I want better than 105 passing yards with a 58% completions, ESPECIALLY when our running game is thriving and the box is loaded.  You said you wanted better than former MVP Cam Newton in his prime, but you like this?  It's getting harder to harder to accept anything you say about QBs seriously anymore.  

-Remember Kyle Allen was 5-0 at one time as our starter.....

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I dont get how you dont put 13 in the box against the current panthers.....You are right, that win covered up a super M-E-H game form sam.....again the gameplan is just that, the staff doesnt want to throw the ball....if you win= great gameplan....lose= wtf are they doing.......

• Pie 1