• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Rams were the only taker for Baker

Gerry Green

According to Shefter, in a tweet I can't imbed, the Rams were the only team willing to pick up Baker. And he may start Thur. Gon be fun to see how this plays out. Lots and lots of Huddlers claimed his career as a starter could be over. With the QB room the Rams have, they may have to live or die with Baker.

Burns is 4th in DE voting, and Hekker is 1st. 

• Poo 1

On waivers.

I strongly suspect that had he cleared waivers, other teams would have gone in.  It's been widely speculated that the Rams put in the claim specifically to block him from going to the 49ers.  With the Rams position in the waiver order, no one else was going to have a shot.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, BrianS said:

On waivers.

I strongly suspect that had he cleared waivers, other teams would have gone in.  It's been widely speculated that the Rams put in the claim specifically to block him from going to the 49ers.  With the Rams position in the waiver order, no one else was going to have a shot.

Then how do you explain the plan for him to start Thur. night? The have Bryce Perkins, whose been on the team for 2 years. Yet Baker could start. Seems like they actually wanted him to me.