• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Howell entered the draft as a true junior. It was his first year of eligibility. Seeing how damn good Drake Maye was may have entered his calculus kind of like how Chazz Surratt chose to switch from QB to LB when Howell stepped on campus.

Forgot he was a true junior.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

CFP and AP have them at #13 right now.  They won.  So they likely finish this season in the final polling somewhere between 9-12ish I would think.  

It wouldn't be shock to see them come out in the first poll next year with somewhere in the top 15. 

But you never know, all the SEC teams get ranked so pointlessly high each season to start just because it might keep them from an early gift ranking.   Clemson seems to be the only team that they will give that to in the ACC as of now. 

I think FSU will probably be ranked somewhere between 11 and 15 in next year's first poll. Then again, State had been ranked pretty high to start with this year too.

1 hour ago, chbright said:

There are folks pushing penix as a 1st rounder and a brave few pumped him top 15

I thought Penix could go in the first round after seeing his first few games this season. That was before I found out about the injury history and how long he has been in school though. If/when he goes to the draft, he'll be a mid round pick at best.

15 minutes ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

Ingle just laid a hell of a shot on the Maryland running back. He needs some weight on him but he's pretty quick. 

If he’s available in the 6th/7th, I’m taking him without blinking. Running to turn in the pick, and I’m a Tar Heel fan. 

Wilson/Ingle/Thomas are all worth late round selections, if available, off that defense. Injury history, size, and athleticism respectively may have them available in the last couple of rounds. 

• Pie 1