• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• It will not require him moving mountains. But it will require standards that have applied to all first overall pick QB's over the years. Basic requirements: -Improve his footwork. -Display at minimum an above average arm compared to his peers. -Establish an undisputed consistent deep ball connection. -Finish the season no less than top 12-15 in most statistical passing categories. Particularly yards per pass attempt. All of this is doable with the additions we've made and with Canales on board. Even Kyle Allen looked competent for more than one single game. If not. First round QB in 2025.
    • Sounded like no on the podcast. Willis will be doing some stuff on WRAL. 
    • I kinda want to use this as a barometer of how people feel about Bryce as well. But the main purpose of this thread is mainly for those who have either mixed feelings or feel negative about Bryce. What exactly would it take for you to believe he's the franchise qb for the next decade? Or maybe simplifying that question,  what kind of stats would he need in need to really earn a top 10 qb deal/market rate for a 2nd contract with the panthers? Maybe that's a broader question because they could hold on to him for 4 or 5 years.  Maybe the key factor here is I don't believe Canales is tied to Bryce at all emotionally.  I don't truly know how much weight he has in the room to be able to move on from Bryce if he sucks again I guess, but I don't see him just sitting on his hands if we go 2 to 4 wins again. I'll try my hand at it here. I'd say something like 25 TDs 15 INTs or less, 3000+ passing yards, around 65%+ completions.  Wins and losses not be as relevant of a stat prediction for Bryce alone, but I would assume if we're at least somewhat competitive for the division that helps his case a lot.  If we have a winning record or a playoff appearance (or both), either of those may be more than enough regardless of Bryces performance because of how long we've been in a playoffs/winning season drought.  Looking at the opposite end of the spectrum,  I doubt this happens with all the changes BUT. If Bryce turns in another year with a 1:1 TD:INT ratio again or a negative ratio that's gonna spell trouble. Even if he has God awful stats he'd definitely still be on the team year 3 contractually, but I'd say that Canales wouldn't be beholden to keep starting him unless there was a directive from teppper to do so.  People keep saying the 2025 draft is a dead zone for QBs but Quin Ewers, Carson Beck, and Shedur Sanders are all of age, and any of them or someone else could blow up by the end of the next college season.