• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Attacking “glass half full” posters after a loss…

Wundrbread33

22 hours ago, Martin said:

I get the reasoning 100%. It’s the “haha, we lost, in your face” that baffles me.

you have to factor in alllllllllllllllllll the activists that control the current agenda about dividing amercians. that spills over into sports and thus its pick a side, then the other group is your mortal enemy...... next comes all the "IN YOUR FACE" edgy comments.  

brother, its a sad timeline..

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 3

19 minutes ago, Basbear said:

you have to factor in alllllllllllllllllll the activists that control the current agenda about dividing amercians. that spills over into sports and thus its pick a side, then the other group is your mortal enemy...... next comes all the "IN YOUR FACE" edgy comments.  

brother, its a sad timeline..

And tribalism is built into the very fabric of human nature. 

We quite literally cheer for a team that wears black and blue and can’t stand others who wear black and red. 

11 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

We quite literally cheer for a team that wears black and blue and can’t stand others who wear black and red. 

yea given the current landscape, its working perfectly and tribalism does play a role.

you're left with those whom are beyond scare to have a different opinion than "this tribes thinking" with the fear that the group will expel the free thinker, so you will defend WRONG to not upset the flow....

29 minutes ago, Basbear said:

yea given the current landscape, its working perfectly and tribalism does play a role.

you're left with those whom are beyond scare to have a different opinion than "this tribes thinking" with the fear that the group will expel the free thinker, so you will defend WRONG to not upset the flow....

Meme Pondering GIF by Sheds Direct Ireland

• Flames 1

55 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Well 2 of those teams are in our division and have/had 2 hated QBs. One is one of the most narcissistic whiners in the NFL and the other wears braided belts. Hate is warranted. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

You keep saying this is a "Bad football team". You do know that there are many, many ppl who ascribe to the notion that this is a pretty good young team, that only needs a quality QB, and an imaginative OC to compete.

Happy Holidays to you and yours. 

You do understand those two things are probably the hardest to find. This team needs a good bit to become a good team and it's at some pretty important positions. With the right leadership and experience it could be turned around but we have to have all that first. 

• Pie 3

37 minutes ago, Snake said:

You do understand those two things are probably the hardest to find. This team needs a good bit to become a good team and it's at some pretty important positions. With the right leadership and experience it could be turned around but we have to have all that first. 

Welcome to the front row brother.  Until any of that is decided you cannot worry about the future of this team. Sit back and enjoy whatever is left of the final act of the Carolina Panthers season.  I for one am eager to see how this comedy of errors ends.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I understand that a HC is going to be first on the agenda. Hopefullly followed by HC, Fitz and everybody involved in the process figuring out he QB position. 

Unlike you, I see a team that has a solid foundation. There is plenty for the new coach to work with. Sans a QB.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I understand that a HC is going to be first on the agenda. Hopefullly followed by HC, Fitz and everybody involved in the process figuring out he QB position. 

Unlike you, I see a team that has a solid foundation. There is plenty for the new coach to work with. Sans a QB.

I never said we didn't have a foundation. We have some good players on defense and a pretty good offensive line. Still we have a good bit of holes as well and it's why I see a high draft pick being better than a meaningless playoff game. If it were up to me I would have tanked so we could have had a chance at QB in the first or second but that's over now. 

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

I never said we didn't have a foundation. We have some good players on defense and a pretty good offensive line. Still we have a good bit of holes as well and it's why I see a high draft pick being better than a meaningless playoff game. If it were up to me I would have tanked so we could have had a chance at QB in the first or second but that's over now. 

Yeah... Outside of the OL, we basically have almost nothing on offense... It's rough.  I like DJ and think with a better QB he'll be even better, but it's rough with him seeming to be our only consistent threat.

But we do have a good OL, and a bunch of good D pieces, so we're basically in a situation where if we are smart and lucky this off-season, I think we could turn it around... We will see tho.  Hard to know what to expect with the coaching search.

I understand the desire for the higher draft pick but I think this division is too shitty and this team is overall too good (relatively speaking) for that level of tanking. Of course if we'd kept Rhule we'd be in contention for the first overall pick, I think, lol.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

some ppl want to lose because...well, reasons. Which is fine

some ppl want to win because...well, reasons. Which is fine

High picks are nice, I enjoy having them. But it takes losing to get em

I would much rather win. Winning begets winning

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Yeah... Outside of the OL, we basically have almost nothing on offense... It's rough.  I like DJ and think with a better QB he'll be even better, but it's rough with him seeming to be our only consistent threat.

But we do have a good OL, and a bunch of good D pieces, so we're basically in a situation where if we are smart and lucky this off-season, I think we could turn it around... We will see tho.  Hard to know what to expect with the coaching search.

I understand the desire for the higher draft pick but I think this division is too shitty and this team is overall too good (relatively speaking) for that level of tanking. Of course if we'd kept Rhule we'd be in contention for the first overall pick, I think, lol.

That's basically all I'm saying. This team is on the cusp. With a little luck. We can crest that hill and join the contenders club.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

A lot of Moore's and all the WRs for that matter problems are scheme. We also need two TEs to really be effective. It's why I would prefer a offensive minded coach. He could scheme a decent offensive and we have more talent on defense for a DC to work with. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

some ppl want to lose because...well, reasons. Which is fine

some ppl want to win because...well, reasons. Which is fine

High picks are nice, I enjoy having them. But it takes losing to get em

I would much rather win. Winning begets winning

In a normal season I would agree but we could win the division and still be under 500 as crazy as that is. It's almost a lose/lose. I just want a team to be proud of and excited for. That hasn't happened in a very long time. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3