• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFCS Playoff Picture (ESPN)

onmyown

32 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Has there been any posts where someone said they’d root for the cowboys if we played them in the postseason? I don’t think I’ve seen any. 

No one has said it expressly, but more than a few have said that any wins at this point are useless, and that the Cowboys will likely face the NFCS champ. I'm simply connecting the dots.

23 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No one has said it expressly, but more than a few have said that any wins at this point are useless, and that the Cowboys will likely face the NFCS champ. I'm simply connecting the dots.

There has been no one that has said they want the team to lose to the cowboys in the playoffs. You’re not going to find that.

2 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Yea, I don’t think you’re going to have anyone; atleast on here, root for the cowboys if we make the playoffs. The likelihood of us losing, and losing big, is pretty high, but if we get in there, then you’ll have the majority of folks rooting for the home team. There will be a few that will be apathetic towards the game, but you probably won’t find a fan rooting for the cowboys if we play them in the playoffs. 

I don’t even want us to get in the playoffs, but if we do, then yea I’ll root for my team. I’m one of the few on here that want us to lose out for draft position, and cleaning house with our coaches. I have been adamant with my position for weeks now.

If we make the playoffs we might as well win the whole thing. That being said, the last thing this team needs is “fans” telling other “fans” to go root for another team if you don’t agree with what’s best for the long term future of this franchise. 

52 minutes ago, Varking said:

If we make the playoffs we might as well win the whole thing. That being said, the last thing this team needs is “fans” telling other “fans” to go root for another team if you don’t agree with what’s best for the long term future of this franchise. 

The team is going to play to win, period. Put on your gear, and go tell any player on the roster that you hope that they lose because it's "what's best for the long term future of the franchise" and see how they react. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

The team is going to play to win, period. Put on your gear, and go tell any player on the roster that you hope that they lose because it's "what's best for the long term future of the franchise" and see how they react. 

They won’t care. That will be how they react. They will shrug because fans have no impact on the game. Why are you being so dramatic lately?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 12/18/2022 at 10:59 PM, rayzor said:

No matter who wins the division, they'll be playing the cowboys. So basically it's one and done after getting beat by the cowboys and embarrassed on their home field with the message being, "you don't belong in the playoffs".

Have you watched the Cowboys lately?  They aren't exactly looking good, getting beat by a sub 500 team and should have lost to the Texans.  

We will probably lose to them?  Probably.  But its certainly not a sure thing.  

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Varking said:

They won’t care. That will be how they react. They will shrug because fans have no impact on the game. Why are you being so dramatic lately?

You're the one that said "...the last thing this team needs is 'fans' telling other 'fans' to go root for another team if you don’t agree with what’s best for the long term future of this franchise." 

What fans tell other "fans" isn't affecting this team one iota, right? If that's the case, then whose statement is the "dramatic" one? 

Most players appreciate fan support. Desiring that they lose is not what they consider as support, pure and simple. I can't say it any clearer than that. So, if you're willing to support the opposite of what the players are trying to achieve--what the franchise is trying to achieve--every day, then don't get all upset when someone calls you on it. You should expect it. If that hurts feelings, well, it is what it is. 

Edited by top dawg

On 12/18/2022 at 10:59 PM, rayzor said:

No matter who wins the division, they'll be playing the cowboys. So basically it's one and done after getting beat by the cowboys and embarrassed on their home field with the message being, "you don't belong in the playoffs".

The Cowboys have struggled recently, I wouldn’t exactly consider them a gauntlet.

1 hour ago, weyco2000 said:

The Cowboys have struggled recently, I wouldn’t exactly consider them a gauntlet.

Not a gauntlet but compared to us they have actually looked like contenders against real competition. They dragged the Vikings up and down the field in one of the most lopsided blowout losses of the season and they did that with Cooper Rush. We could barely muster 16 points against a declining Steelers team.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

You're the one that said "...the last thing this team needs is 'fans' telling other 'fans' to go root for another team if you don’t agree with what’s best for the long term future of this franchise." 

What fans tell other "fans" isn't affecting this team one iota, right? If that's the case, then whose statement is the "dramatic" one? 

Most players appreciate fan support. Desiring that they lose is not what they consider as support, pure and simple. I can't say it any clearer than that. So, if you're willing to support the opposite of what the players are trying to achieve--what the franchise is trying to achieve--every day, then don't get all upset when someone calls you on it. You should expect it. If that hurts feelings, well, it is what it is. 

You’re just being dramatic lol. You aren’t hurting my feelings at all. Does Sam Darnold only play better or harder if he has fan support? Did DJ Moore regress this year because of fan support? 

Do you only do good at work if your wife tells you she thinks you’re going to have a good day today? 

To be clear, because I’ve said this a bunch, I ALWAYS root for the Panthers to win. I’ve never turned on a game and wished they would lose. And I’ve written there here a bunch. However, I think it’s childish to tell other fans go be a fan somewhere else because they don’t cheer the same way as me lmao. That’s like kindergarten stuff. 

The players play to win every game. That’s a fact. And it’s also a fact that despite this fight they have, and the support you have given, we have never had back to back winning seasons. We are the only team in major sports like this. Maybe something needs to change. 

Edited by Varking
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

You’re just being dramatic lol. You aren’t hurting my feelings at all. Does Sam Darnold only play better or harder if he has fan support? Did DJ Moore regress this year because of fan support? 

Do you only do good at work if your wife tells you she thinks you’re going to have a good day today? 

To be clear, because I’ve said this a bunch, I ALWAYS root for the Panthers to win. I’ve never turned on a game and wished they would lose. And I’ve written there here a bunch. However, I think it’s childish to tell other fans go be a fan somewhere else because they don’t cheer the same way as me lmao. That’s like kindergarten stuff. 

The players play to win every game. That’s a fact. And it’s also a fact that despite this fight they have, and the support you have given, we have never had back to back winning seasons. We are the only team in major sports like this. Maybe something needs to change. 

You're the one that used the word "dramatic." I have been here going on 20 years or so, and anyone that knows me would say that I'm more direct than dramatic. People generally use those types of terms when they don't like what someone is saying in order to circumvent the focal point of the discussion.

I stand by what I said, whether it applies to you or not. 

As for "childish", I believe that the whole notion of tanking is an immature, unrealistic, and unproductive discussion. That's what I think; others may disagree, so it is what it is. The team is trying to win every single game, point blank and period! Once the games are played and draft order is established, then we can all discuss, debate and argue about adult things based in reality. It would be nice if everyone did it in a mature and forthright manner (speaking of childish), but we already know that that's never going to happen.

Edited by top dawg