• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Sleeper- QB Tyson Bagent

Basbear

Use my one shameless post, i run in the same circle as his father. At one point he had thee best left arm in the milky way, talking non-human level of strength. But enough about him, are TDs important?? 

Here is the all-time leader in TDs in the whole NCAA, even division I. I see no issue at all using a 7th filter on him. Even without his dad, hes got plenty to offer. 

https://nfldraftblitz.com/2022/10/04/2023-senior-bowl-watchlist-scouting-notes-qb-tyson-bagent-shepherd/

BAGENTCU18-2.thumb.webp.86f9533fdd0e2efbc29ccb7c37c9b9bf.webp

Seems Zappe-like as the article stated.  I'm not sure he has the arm strength to make all the NFL throws, but he could make for a great backup.  The only probably I see if with Corral and probably a vet, there won't be much room for him on our roster (assuming we take a QB early).  

What a find.  The Athletic had a great piece on him

https://theathletic.com/3978713/2022/12/08/tyson-bagent-2023-nfl-draft/?redirected=1

Bagent certainly checks a lot of boxes that scouts are looking for at the position, hence the heavy interest from NFL scouts. He has a projectable body at a verified 6-3 1/8 and 220 pounds, with 9 3/8-inch hands. He isn’t a dynamic athlete, but he can create with his functional footwork and a live arm. Shepherd runs a spread, RPO-based offense, and Bagent is able to threaten every inch of the field, showing the accuracy and efficiency to hit his targets in stride.

He could've gone to WVU or Maryland but stayed at Shepherd.

Would be one hell of a story to get drafted.  He's got the Senior Bowl invite and will have a pro day.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 7:57 PM, 45catfan said:

After a solid Senior Bowl, he's crept into the top 10 QBs on my favorite draft site.

I seen some reports that he helped his stock enough to be on a few team boards (5-7 range). Travis "retired" form pulling and dove head first into making his son the best, he put lots of effort into tyson. Everything form training to coaching. He was around 24-7, trying to help/improve. 

I have not changed, if finesserererer trades back and adds either a 6th or 7th.......100% support using it on Tyson, even if they picked a QB in much earlier. 

Edited by Basbear

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
21 hours ago, GOAT said:

fixed, quote me in a few years when Fields is being traded for a 4th rounder.

I wouldnt go that far, i just knew his dad and he put in insane amount of time in getting him ready. I do think in a few years if he remains on the right path, he can be some back half starting QB.

• 1 month later...

Tyson won his opening game.  THIS is why you take flyers on QBs.  I don't care if the starter gets butt hurt about competition.  I will be highly disappointed with as deep of a QB class as there is next spring if we don't take a flyer on one of these dudes. What's the worst thing that could happen? Dude flames out.  What's the best thing?  We could have a 49ers situation where we have 3 dudes that could start and Dalton ain't sticking around forever.