• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson suuuuucks

Panthers Fan 69

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

I’d say Hackett broke the team more than Russ did. I’d be shocked if he’s not fired.

What I've also taken away from this is, no one should listen to Aaron Rodgers' recommendations.  It's clear Rodgers makes those guys and not the other way around.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

What I've also taken away from this is, no one should listen to Aaron Rodgers' recommendations.  It's clear Rodgers makes those guys and not the other way around.

Yeah. Tbh I thought he’d be a good hire. Seemed to be a good teacher, smart and he got rave reviews outside Rodgers too. But it’s so bad and they have to do something to recoup the investment in RW that he needs to be gone. It’s unfortunate because normally you’d like to see a coach get 3 years.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They don't have a choice. They're stuck with him for at least two more years due that contract. They can't afford to get rid of him prior to that. They won't be able to field a roster.

Not if they do one of those old-school baseball star contracts, or they spread this money out over five or six years. They may just have to eat that money and spread it out so it doesn’t go against the cap as much. Either way, this is one of THE WORST nfl contracts of allll time. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They don't have a choice. They're stuck with him for at least two more years due that contract. They can't afford to get rid of him prior to that. They won't be able to field a roster.

But will they be able to attract a good coach with the team inextricably tied to Wilson?

29 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Not if they do one of those old-school baseball star contracts, or they spread this money out over five or six years. They may just have to eat that money and spread it out so it doesn’t go against the cap as much. Either way, this is one of THE WORST nfl contracts of allll time. 

You can only spread it out if he is on the roster and you can add years, he is already for six years with base salary between 44 and 50 Million in the dummy years. With his incentives to change anything being zero they will just have to eat it.

Or shorter, they fugged themselves and the herd they rode in on.

Edited by Thorrez

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

According to Peter King, the cap hit on cutting Wilson would be $107 million. I don't think there's enough spreading to make that a workable number. They are stuck with him for now.