• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldy Breakdowns on Panthers physical o-line and run game

Saca312

49 minutes ago, Rags said:

Pittsburgh sucks but their D-line doesn't. 

Like do u think that if a team sucks they have no strengths? 

Just now, RJK said:

I know that bad teams strengths wear down because they’re so bad. 

watt has replaced darnold as the leagues best/feared DLman.

heyward is a legend and one of baddest players in the league.

If you have the game on DVR, watch the first three plays- Pitt knew the who/what/where on each. They were just better prepared and knew to attack the Defense edges and taylor. their D was in the panthers huddle and dared Darnold to beat them. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Gregg S said:

I was there, too, but can't remember if it was Monday or Thursday night.  The one image imprinted on my brain, though, is JStew planting Ronde Barber into the BOA turf with one of the nastiest stiff-arms I've ever seen..

Was there also. That was on a four play 85+ Yard TD drive in which Stewart and Williams were the only ones to touch the ball on the ground. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Definitely true, but good coaches like Tomlin and Harbaugh know how to stop us. There is zero reason to play nickel against us. We’ve rushed for under 100 seven times and are 0-7. We rushed for 145 or more 8 times and are 6-2 with both losses by 3 points. The holes we made on Saturday were ginormous and it was easier than usual. The Lions were stupid regardless of the majority of games. We aren’t a hard book to read.

All the more reason to make improving our passing game our primary focus this offseason. Aside from the QB, we need a threat at WR and TE that can take the top off of opposing defenses and keep them from loading the box. If we can somehow put together a complimentary passing offense, we’d be hard to beat.