• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone Is Sad

NJPanthers12

Wilks deserves consideration, maybe even to be the default choice if we aren't impressed with anyone else, but I think he lost the job not being able to contain Evans. The secondary is supposed to be his bag and he dropped it. If he doesn't have great offensive or defensive prowess he's just a respected locker room personality.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

How about that defense which he specializes in with studs like horn, burns, chinn, and brown on it. Mike evans is still open 15 hours later.

this guys stunk in Arizona and got fired. The best job he could get was at Missouri after that. Then the Panthers gave him a chance as position coach, not even coordinator. 

He is 5-6 since he took over , and you would think by listening to the god awful Charlotte media and a group of dumb fans that he is 11-0. This guy would be a much worse ron rivera.

…sooo, Horn played yesterday?   I missed that.   Do tell how Horn played 

You know the reality of this team over the past 4 years and you want to make the Panthers something they are not    

they are not and have not  been some defensive juggernaut over the past 4 years.  The reality of what that Panthers defense is now is that  it is a college level defense that does ok against the lesser teams in the NFl or teams with injuries.     Against the big boys, they get hit in the mouth and collapse   ..Never seen a nfl level defense give up so many 90 yard drives 

Example, Tampa got it’s starting two offensive tackles back yesterday.  Everyone saw the result 

im not  going to comment on individual players on either side of the ball.     It’s not their fault they are here because a previous HC had no idea what he was doing and a patchwork team exists with a GM that all indications are, did what that HC wanted done 

Like everyone, I have issues with Wilks but I have to be fair to him.  These are not his players and not his staff  and staff isn’t found mid-season 

It’s like having to cook a meal, and people expecting 5 star meal and the main ingredients came from Walmart   You should know this   If you don’t, no point in going back and forth 

I feel like Wilks got blood from a turnip. You don’t and that is fine 

I do not know the particulars of his job status post Arizona and neither do you nor should we.  That’s his business 

no matter who the coach is, the GM needs to do better, period   If he stays, he doesn’t have the excuse of Rhule telling him what to do anymore 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Wilks deserves consideration, maybe even to be the default choice if we aren't impressed with anyone else, but I think he lost the job not being able to contain Evans. The secondary is supposed to be his bag and he dropped it. If he doesn't have great offensive or defensive prowess he's just a respected locker room personality.

There was supposed to be help over the top. Safety blew it as well. That is player execution not failure to see the problem.

You could use the draft capital we have to shore up the trenches, MLB , TE etc and keep Darnold and Wilks for a year to see how it progresses and wouldn’t be totally insane.

blowing draft capital on a roster rookie QB thus ignoring other areas of need could set us back year

3 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

…sooo, Horn played yesterday?   I missed that.   Do tell how Horn played 

You know the reality of this team over the past 4 years and you want to make the Panthers something they are not    

Like everyone, I have issues with Wilks but I have to be fair to him.  These are not his players and not his staff  and staff isn’t found mid-season 

This should be its own thread first off. Secondly, they don't want to be fair as these dudes just don't want Wilks to be the HC. They are literally saying Horn when he was inactive. They are flaming Wilks for making no adjustments when literally CJ Henderson and Taylor quit running on two of the Evans TDs. They were put in position to succeed and didn't execute because they aren't good players! Again, none of this matter because these dudes don't want Wilks to be HC. This isn't Madden, and Shaun McVay wouldn't have went for it in his own territory up 14-0. He said that you can't win a game with making turnovers and they are saying that he put the blame on Sam Darnold. And you know what, I get it because people on TV are saying the same stupid garbage. Colin Cowherd just said on his show that CJ Henderson has been on like five teams. He was literally drafted in 2020.🤣 

Wilks is going to be the next head coach. I didn't want to accept when they were going to cut Cam instead of letting him ride out his contract, but that's just what it was going to be. Wilks is going to be the head coach and not making that move will set this team back five years as he has the locker room and community support. Those that aren't on board might as well get ready to be angry. 

• Pie 1

I don't know what kind of plan a HC/DC game plans for having your CB3 and CB4 starting against Evans & Godwin, with the GOAT at the helm of a home game to decide the division against a heated rival. 

JNo was there, but if he got torched, then fans would clown the HC for playing a "barista off the streets" against Evans and Godwin. 

I do think there should've been adjustments made to help the overwhelmed secondary, I just don't know what that would've been given who we're going against. 

Sh*tting the bed against PIT was a blemish on Wilks. Blowing a 14 point lead in the 2Q with the season on the line is tough. The second of the two 4th and 1 punts might be the nail in the coffin for me. This game reeked of the previous Fox/Rivera conservative call style. 

Playing not to lose vs. going for the jugular and seizing the W early on is foreshadowing to what the next 2-3 years of Wilks could look like. Winning at SEA in December and bouncing back to dominate DET also speak to what a Wilks coached team would look like. 

If Horn is healthy, we beat TB....no doubt. You swap the ATL loss to a W if not for the helmet penalty and Wilks as the HC from week one, and we're probably a 9-8/10-7 playoff team.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

32 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Playing not to lose vs. going for the jugular and seizing the W early on is foreshadowing to what the next 2-3 years of Wilks could look like. Winning at SEA in December and bouncing back to dominate DET also speak to what a Wilks coached team would look like. 

This is my main issue with Wilks. By not going for it, and twice he was in that position, he stops offensive momentum and hands it to the defense 

Can’t do that against Brady or even in the nfl where the margins are small.  You put your 6’3” QB under center, put a fullback behind him and push his ass the first down 

I mean, when you hear over and over again what a strength this revamped line is it is very hard to buy into that when you don’t go for a foot.