• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Literally every reporter who is quote tweeted here is just throwing poo at the wall, hoping it sticks.  So many damn conflicting reports its starting to feel like the whole Watson saga all over again.  So much disinformation and PR warfare going on, thats its almost impossible to know whats really going on.  Which is, of course, by design. 

And we’re so thirsty for this that we’re treating all reports as law.. God I’m at the point we get this poo over..

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This entire saga seems very contrived. I don't think these teams are as interested as the Payton rumor mill machine makes them out to be. I also suspect he is basically asking for the keys to the franchise ala Jim Harbaugh.

I'd agree.

Person has talked about there being misinformation out there. A lot of it actually seems to be coming from Payton himself.

• Beer 1

Just now, ladypanther said:

He wants to be King.

I think he probably wanted complete control in New Orleans too. You can get that impression with some of his interviews about specific things that happened while he was in New Orleans.

I doubt he is willing to come back unless he can shape the front offices the way he wants them.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

No one feels persecuted. You are just making a mountain out of something less than a molehill. More like a tiny ant hill.

None of this has happened. None of it is likely to happen. Also both of those guys probably aren't going to end up being the caliber of prospect that you think they will be. Probably won't end up on the Saints either.

It's a lot of worrying about very little at the moment.

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

thats not how it works. You cant say poo like this: /cdn-cgi/mirage/c011b6ca8ae33802d696ef307637bb1ccac9a89e45b8ad3ff58afef5aa5c4032/1280/https://www.carolinahuddle.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/image.png.29ce7cc5ee8f32f888a6bcbfaef21fde.png

then persecute people because they dont agree with you. Then pivot because your original statement was made up. That's not how adults converse or debate. 

I've already answered your questions about Williams and Mayes. It's too early to state they will be the top QBs of the NFL draft. 

Really?? This guy feels that way.. 

And reality check @kungfoodude 95% of football forum conversation are speculation, worrying and making ant hills into the Grand Canyons .. lmao

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I think he probably wanted complete control in New Orleans too. You can get that impression with some of his interviews about specific things that happened while he was in New Orleans.

I doubt he is willing to come back unless he can shape the front offices the way he wants them.

Reports have suggested he wants to bring Saints Assistant GM Jeff Ireland with him.

That's not hard to imagine.

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And we’re so thirsty for this that we’re treating all reports as law.. God I’m at the point we get this poo over..

I think we have more waiting to do, unfortunately. I can't say I am upset that they are taking their time with this process considering what a disaster the last coach hiring process was.

It is tough as a fan to be in this limbo where you really can't plan or effectively speculate on the offseason until this gets resolved. 

• Flames 1