• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

13 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Johnson and Steichen are probably the top two OC's available to take a head coaching job. Can't really whelm more than that

Sure they are top OC’s but there is still a huge unknown as to if they turn out to be great HC’s. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

43 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Given Dorsey & Wilks have about 6 years of experience together, there may be something there that could be a package.  Then part of Panthers Nord returns to the QC.  It's like poetry as George Lucas would say.

Kafka is pretty interesting and I really didn't see that coming.

Ben Johnson is undoubtedly as well.  

I think those may be my top three scenarios in no particular order.  I thought Shane Waldron would get looks but that's been quiet.  Dan Quinn could call up Bevell & Bradley and get the old Seattle crew back together, but I'm unsure if I'd want that; certainly interesting.    

Dorsey and Wilks package would only be with Dorsey as HC and Wilks being ok staying on as DC. Dorsey is not leaving a SB contender and an All-Pro QB to make a lateral move.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Luke doesn't need training wheels.  The man knows how to pick apart an offense like no other. 

It isn't football experience as much as transitioning from a player to a coach. It is a big transition that some players do seamlessly while others need time to develop.

• Beer 1

Just now, Bear Hands said:

Yep, I'm speaking to a Dorsey HC, Wilks AHC/DC duo

Got it. I just can't see Wilks staying on as DC for a hot shot young offensive prospect at HC. Feels like it would undermine that coach's influence with the team given how the locker room feels about Wilks and campaigning for him to get the HC job full-time. As you said, probably only Dorsey could make it work since they likely have a pre-existing relationship.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Yep, I'm speaking to a Dorsey HC, Wilks AHC/DC duo

That will never happen.  You either hire Wilks as HC or he takes a job somewhere else. That is disrespectful as hell to tell him he's not good enough to be our head coach but you can be a subordinate to out new guy. Nah man, that's all kinds of messed up.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It isn't football experience as much as transitioning from a player to a coach. It is a big transition that some players do seamlessly while others need time to develop.

You underestimate Luke Kuechly.  Never underestimate Luke my friend. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That will never happen.  You either hire Wilks as HC or he takes a job somewhere else. That is disrespectful as hell to tell him he's not good enough to be our head coach but you can be a subordinate to out new guy. Nah man, that's all kinds of messed up.

this

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Wilks will either be a HC here or somewhere else. If we're not careful he could be staring across the sidelines from us a couple of times a season, just kicking our asses and recruiting our players.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1