• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

56 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Really???

The guy is interviewing for another job the day before their playoff game??

That's very surprising in itself, but it also means 2 things to me... 

First is that it means Steichen is Tepper's favorite or he's setting up future interviews to try and leverage going another way over Payton/Saints negotiations.  As if Payton was the top target, I'd think Tepper would be trying to get it wrapped up ASAP and not drag into the weekend, so setting up a weekend interview would be weird.

15 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Glad you’re content with mediocrity 

Just remember, George Seifert had a .766 overall winning percentage (best in NFL history) over 8 seasons as head coach prior to joining the Panthers.  He was out of coaching a few years, came to us, and ended up going 16-32, .333 with us.

Had superstar quarterbacks, 6 NFC West Titles, 2x Super Bowl Champ, the flamed out here.

Payton had superstar quarterback, Super Bowl ring, multiple NFC South titles, .631 overall, but was barely .500 post Brees.  Now he’s been out a few years.

Not saying the same would happen this time around, but several correlations could be drawn…

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Greg Olsen makes his case...

Both guys that not only Greg knows and is close to via his career, but also guys with strong roots in the community which Olsen calls home as well, so I love him, but I don't think Olsen is super objective on this...

• Beer 1

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Both guys that not only Greg knows and is close to via his career, but also guys with strong roots in the community which Olsen calls home as well, so I love him, but I don't think Olsen is super objective on this...

Valid, But it's also true that Olsen is extremely football smart. He knows what he's talking about.

For the record, Olsen has been supportive of Ken Dorsey as well.

• Pie 1