• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

Just now, UNCrules2187 said:

What does this even mean lol? You want me to find you a currently employed NFL scout that liked Howell and Corral going into 2022? How the fug would I even do that?

To make you feel better, here's Todd McShay's first 2022 mock draft and where we had QBs slotted:

2. Kedon Slovis (lmao)

7. Sam Howell

11. Spencer Rattler

15. Malik Willis

16. Desmond Ridder

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/draft2022/insider/story/_/id/31383687/nfl-mock-draft-2022-todd-mcshay-early-predictions-all-32-first-round-picks-next-year-including-five-qbs

That’s the point you won’t..  Willams and and Mayes are getting the the Luck and Lawrence comparisons that is fact.. No QB last year was really getting that and it shown on draft day when 1 qB got drafted in the 1st round.. 

And if you want to be honest with yourself.. You know the Saints with Williams or Mayes for 10 years will probably come back to bite us.. 

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

That’s the point you won’t..  Willams and and Mayes are getting the the Luck and Lawrence comparisons that is fact.. No QB last year was really getting that and it shown on draft day when 1 qB got drafted in the 1st round.. 

And if you want to be honest with yourself.. You know the Saints with Williams or Mayes for 10 years will probably come back to bite us.. 

Ok, let's turn it around on you then. Show me this. Find me the scouts that say this. Give me exact quotes from specific NFL personnel just like you're asking of me.

Edited by UNCrules2187

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Corral was projected to be a late first rounder. Not even I will put him in the Maye or Newton category.

Purdy is playing lights out so writing off a guy who was dominant in the SEC, projected late first rounder who dropped to the third because of non football reasons and has yet to play in the NFL as a "bust" or a non-starter.

Corral was considered a steal because the Panthers had him at the top of their QB board before the draft and they spent draft capital to get him. They want him to succeed.

Not the point of the Debate.. 

I like Matt but would trade him and his family for a chance at Maye or Williams and most on this board would do the same thing..

Them being in Black and Gold would suck and these ppl know it..

From Albert Breer...

The longer things drag out with Payton, I think the more likely it becomes that he stays with Fox instead of coaching in 2023. Geography (meaning close to Los Angeles) and quarterback are most important to him, on top of the money, and I’m not sure there’s a place that sufficiently checks the box for him right now.

• Beer 3

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

1. These are not NFL scouts - I showed you Todd McShay and you laughed me off.

2. Not one mention of Luck or Lawrence in either of the two articles you linked.

BTW, I'm a UNC alum and fan, and I love Maye. I think he's going to be great and would love to have him on the Panthers. Doesn't mean he or Caleb Williams is the next HoF QB.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Beer 1