• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So which QB do we think will be available at #9?

NAS

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

My point was you can't trust fan forums, not that the two were the same.

I trust their fan base over ours when it comes to fields. Our fandom of Fields is just in spite of Rhule, not bc we truly missed on the pick. We ignore data bc our emotions are tied to this team. We should be wanting Horn to become an all pro (which he most likely will) instead of curving data and skewing stats to make Fields look like an All Pro QB.

5 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

According to ESPN, the Bears had the 2nd best pass block win rate in the NFL and the 5th best run block win rate. I think Trubisky would have loved that kind of support up front.

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34536376/2022-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams

Trubisky had that kind of support, lol. The dude was a pro bowler his second year. Everyone thought he was really emerging, and then he fell totally flat, and this year lost his job to Kenny Pickett.

The same may happen long-term to Fields, but it just seems unlikely they'll already move on

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I trust their fan base over ours when it comes to fields. Our fandom of Fields is just in spite of Rhule, not bc we truly missed on the pick. We ignore data bc our emotions are tied to this team. We should be wanting Horn to become an all pro (which he most likely will) instead of curving data and skewing stats to make Fields look like an All Pro QB.

I'd love for Horn to become All Pro, but he'd need to stay on the field for that to happen.

Not all of their fans want him gone. I know plenty of Bears fans that do not.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

What fan forum? Every fan forum I read from Chicago (reddit, sbnation) is heavily in favor of keeping Fields and those that aren't are generally mocked (though probably unfairly). Please link us to what you're reading.

Edited by Krovvy
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Trubisky had that kind of support, lol. The dude was a pro bowler his second year. Everyone thought he was really emerging, and then he fell totally flat, and this year lost his job to Kenny Pickett.

The same may happen long-term to Fields, but it just seems unlikely they'll already move on

Looks like the Bears were 6th in pass block win rate in 2018. Pretty similar, but Fields had better protection according to those stats. So saying Fields had poor protection this year doesn't hold up.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

What fan forum? Every fan forum I read from Chicago (reddit, sbnation) is heavily in favor of keeping Fields and those that aren't are generally mocked (though probably unfairly). Please link us to what you're reading.

How about 8+ page threads labeled Bryce Young Thread on the Chicago Bears forum, wouldnt that be an ideal place where this convo would take place?

Surely you came across that when you were scouring. Majority of that thread is about the concern around Fields long term, and they could probably get more for Fields then they could trading down now. My favorite line in that thread: Never forget the Bears passed on Dan Marino twice in 1983 because they had their guy in Jim McMahon.

The other piece they widely speak of is that fields is NOT Poles/Eberflus's guy... they came into the franchise with him in place already. They devoted a lot of resources this past offseason to help Fields develop more into a passer.  They aren't seeing the ROI on that.

10 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Looks like the Bears were 6th in pass block win rate in 2018. Pretty similar, but Fields had better protection according to those stats. So saying Fields had poor protection this year doesn't hold up.

I think stats are very often deceptive, as we've seen last year with our OL.

But I was also going off what I saw, which appears less accurate on the state of the OL, but it doesn't change the fact the 2018 Bears team was *significantly* better overall.

1 hour ago, UNCrules2187 said:

You keep including Fields rushing TDs in his TD total but then ignoring his fumbles in the turnover total. It's 18 total TDs to 6 total turnovers (Bears recovered 4 of his 5 fumbles). And yes, in 2021 in 7 starts for New Orleans, Winston had 15 total TDs to 4 total turnovers.

Is that the best stretch of Winston’s career? Is that better than any QB we have had since 2015 Cam Newton? Yes to both. 

24 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

What forum? I ask because that’s not the conversation on Reddit at all. 

49 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Fields had 17 passing TDs on the entire season, where does the 18 come from? If we are looking from a passer POV... Winston did have an excellent stretch last year where he had almost 10% of his passes go for a TD before he got injured.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/jamies-winston-2021-stats#:~:text=Jameis Winston had a passer,in 7 games in 2021.

Jameis Winston had a passer rating of 102.8 with 1,170 yards, 14 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in 7 games in 2021.

His rushing and passing touchdowns. Why would I ignore scoring? 

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Is that the best stretch of Winston’s career? Is that better than any QB we have had since 2015 Cam Newton? Yes to both. 

How many wins though? Why do we compare stats instead of Sunday game winning QBs?

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

What forum? I ask because that’s not the conversation on Reddit at all. 

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/181915-so-which-qb-do-we-think-will-be-available-at-9/?do=findComment&comment=6043634

Edited by TheCasillas