• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance?

tukafan21

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah he hates QBs than can run. Unless it’s Steve Young or some other old guy…

Sam Darnold can run.

Sam doesn't have to run because he can actually throw. Sam improved dramatically this year.

If he grows as much next year he'll be a top 12 QB.

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Sam Darnold can run.

Sam doesn't have to run because he can actually throw. Sam improved dramatically this year.

Sam threw so well his last game. Good call. Does it matter which team he throws to? I thought his historically low QB rating would shut you up about him but I can see his nuts are fully emerged in your mouth…

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Sam Darnold can run.

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise

No one actually believes this. I get that you are committed to this troll job but you don't have anyone convinced.

There isn't anyone dumb enough to believe Sam Darnold has any shot at being a top 12 QB. Not even in the XFL.

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah if it is more of Purdy coming out of no where and proving he is the guy then they might just be flipping Lance for a 2nd round pick to build around their core players.  They don't have many (if any) picks in this draft.  Purdy and Lance also have tow totally different playing styles so even using Lance as a backup means the whole offense has to change if Purdy gets injured.  

I'm with you though.  If our new HC sees something he likes in Lance then maybe we pull the trigger on a deal.  I could see Steichen liking him and using him in a very similar offense Hurts in currently in.  

If he can't make it in a Shanahan system after two years of practice, that'd be a huge red flag for me.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

If he can't make it in a Shanahan system after two years of practice, that'd be a huge red flag for me.

Who said he couldn’t make it? He was the starter until he got hurt. He looked no so great in his first start in the pouring rain, but that doesn’t tell the full story.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Who said he couldn’t make it? He was the starter until he got hurt. He looked no so great in his first start in the pouring rain, but that doesn’t tell the full story.

The hypothetical is that they're moving on from him.

If we were moving on from somebody we'd given up massive draft capital to get after just two years, and doing so in favor of a seventh round rookie, what would you think?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The hypothetical is that they're moving on from him.

If we were moving on from somebody we'd given up massive draft capital to get after just two years, and doing so in favor of a seventh round rookie, what would you think?

They are getting a return on investment because they found their QB by complete dumb luck. The more Lance sits and ages behind Purdy the worse of a return you get for him. It’s just business.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah he hates QBs than can run. Unless it’s Steve Young or some other old guy…

So if Lance ends up busting after a fair shot, I'll eat a heaping plate of crow.  However, calling a dude a bust after ONLY THREE COMPLETE GAMES is asinine.  Lance only started and completed TWO GAMES his rookie year and another half game (Jimmy G injuries).  Other than that, he was brought in for a few packages here and there totaling 8 more snaps all season.

This season only started ONE GAME, the opener, and got injured in game two.

So yeah, there's obviously enough body of work to call the dude a bust.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Sam threw so well his last game. Good call. Does it matter which team he throws to? I thought his historically low QB rating would shut you up about him but I can see his nuts are fully emerged in your mouth…

Sam has nobody to throw to.

We lost his only weapon.

None of his players got open and he put the team on his back and willed them to a GWD! Something you guys said he hadn't done. So keep moving the goalposts 

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

So if Lance ends up busting after a fair shot, I'll eat a heaping plate of crow.  However, calling a dude a bust after ONLY THREE COMPLETE GAMES is asinine.  Lance only started and completed TWO GAMES his rookie year and another half game (Jimmy G injuries).  Other than that, he was brought in for a few packages here and there totaling 8 more snaps all season.

This season only started ONE GAME, the opener, and got injured in game two.

So yeah, there's obviously enough body of work to call the dude a bust.

Agree 100%. Also spending a 2nd on him will allow our HC and staff to get a real good look at him and his development throughout the year. If he isn’t the answer then we look at the next draft’s QB class which appears to be shaping up nicely.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They are getting a return on investment because they found their QB by complete dumb luck. The more Lance sits and ages behind Purdy the worse of a return you get for him. It’s just business.

Given what they gave up to get him, they're not exactly set to make a profit on this either way.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not making it, since he's on IR, is kinda understandable.  However, IF they think they have found a hidden gem in Purdy, then why keep Lance around?  Contract wise, cap wise, you go with the cheaper option.

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Sam has nobody to throw to.

We lost his only weapon.

None of his players got open and he put the team on his back and willed them to a GWD! Something you guys said he hadn't done. So keep moving the goalposts 

So many excuses for a 2.8 rating 😂.