• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper enamored with Ben Johnson per Person

raleigh-panther

Not pooing on Johnson at all here because that would be exciting, but IF he failed it would crush the fan base.

I just think proven HCs Harbaugh(who WANTS the job), Reich, Kiffin, Scott Turner(never a HC but deserves it)give you a much better chance at turning our team around NOW. Especially Harbaugh.

You do that EVERYBODY knows you ain't f'n around no more.

Edited by rippadonn

12 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm not into these "hot new" guys. That's what Rhule was and many failures before him.

Tepper is all about the shiny penny.  He’s been enamored with how many QB’s that he lost out on ? He needs to hire people and let them run this ship, otherwise he’s just another Snyder. 

so far Tepper has not done one thing that makes me think he has a clue. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Not pooing on Johnson at all here because that would be exciting, but IF he failed it would crush the fan base.

I just think proven HCs Harbaugh(who WANTS the job), Reich, Kiffin, Scott Turner give you a much better chance at turning our team around NOW. Especially Harbaugh.

You do that EVERYBODY knows you ain't f'n around no more.

Scott Turner has never been a head coach.

Kiffin? Good grief, no 😖

And again dude, Harbaugh isn't happening. He's reportedly got a pretty good shot at coaching the Broncos though.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Scott Turner has never been a head coach.

Kiffin? Good grief, no 😖

And again dude, Harbaugh isn't happening. He's reportedly got a pretty good shot at coaching the Broncos though.

And with Harbaugh would kick our ass with any coach you have in mind.

With the Panthers Harbaugh would immediately dominate the NFCS if not the NFC as a whole.

You hush with all that shiney penny talk of yours, we're talking about grown men.

Harbaugh 2023

7 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

but IF he failed it would crush the fan base.

Many of us are already crushed. Since 2018 this franchise has been 100% trash. The 12 games Wilks coached at least made us watch and almost care again. If Tepper screws up this next hire the stands will be mostly empty for the foreseeable future. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I’d prefer this particular owner stay out of this search as much as possible and let professionals do their work if finding the right guy. He has no clue what he’s doing. I’m going to laugh loudly when this next hire flops like the last one. Tepper is a meddling owner that has no idea what it takes to build a winner at this level.  10 years from now everyone will realize he’s no better than Snyder at building a winning franchise.  

That sounds like an unnecessarily, relentlessly negative mindset.  It's okay to be optimistic even though he's made some bad moves.  It's not like the guy wants to lose. But I see that av, and I sense the likely unflinching stance.  

Not trying to throw shade specifically at you.  You do you, but I really don't dislike the guy THAT much to just entrench my fan experience moving forward as this unmovable "we will never amount to anything and our owner is the worst" mentality.  

It's a new day, maybe we finally find a great coach.  We've only had 3 good ones (at their peak) and 2 duds. It's not like he's siloed this time, he has new people around him, let's see what happens.

• Pie 1

Just now, ickmule said:

Many of us are already crushed. Since 2018 this franchise has been 100% trash. The 12 games Wilks coached at least made us watch and almost care again. If Tepper screws up this next hire the stands will be mostly empty for the foreseeable future. 

Thread.

He can't afford to do this again, to think he's not running into the arms of Harbaugh or Reich at least is very reminiscent of Tepper/Rhule. Scary.

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

That sounds like an unnecessarily, relentlessly negative mindset.  It's okay to be optimistic even though he's made some bad moves.  It's not like the guy wants to lose. But I see that av, and I sense the likely unflinching stance.  

Not trying to throw shade specifically at you.  You do you, but I really don't dislike the guy THAT much to just entrench my fan experience moving forward as this unmovable "we will never amount to anything and our owner is the worst" mentality.  

It's a new day, maybe we finally find a great coach.  We've only had 3 good ones (at their peak) and 2 duds. It's not like he's siloed this time, he has new people around him, let's see what happens.

Maybe you’re right, but in 5 years Tepper hasn’t made one good move, so…….I guess we are going to find out.  😊

7 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

And with Harbaugh would kick our ass with any coach you have in mind.

With the Panthers Harbaugh would immediately dominate the NFCS if not the NFC as a whole.

You hush with all that shiney penny talk of yours, we're talking about grown men.

Harbaugh 2023

You can keep posting stuff like this a dozen times a day every day for as long as you want, man. It's still not happening.