• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roman Harper thinks Sean Payton could be our next HC now

ncfan

51 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It’s hard to believe, but there is soooooo much smoke here. 

Candidates pulling out left and right. DC candidates are already being interviewed. 

Something is afoot.

We’re hiring SP on Friday or whenever Tepper meets with him in NYC. Book it. 

42 minutes ago, RJK said:

Paying to intentionally hurt opposing players could have easily led to someone dying 🤷‍♂️

But nobody died. And if you think NO was the only team doing something like that, then….

Also, the NFL is violent by design. They’re trying to hurt the other team every play, regardless of what they say to the media. It’s a big boy sport. 

39 minutes ago, t96 said:

Man I was torn on it I’ve hated him with a passion for over a decade. But what I hate more is not having the Panthers as a joyful break from life the last 4-5 years. I’ve come around to thinking Payton can fix that and I’m willing to give it a shot. I’m not gonna be upset at all if we don’t get him but I’m preparing myself to be excited for the possibility in case it does happen. God knows we haven’t had much reason to be excited lately

You likely hated him because he ate our lunch year after year, right? Welcome to the Dark Side. It’s fun over here. 

5 hours ago, Xtreme said:

Rather go with Ben Johnson. 

How many fans on here are old enough to remember how utterly horrific the Saints were before Sean Payton got there?

They were legitimately one of the worst franchises in all of sports. He turned them into a perennial winner, a Super Bowl champion, and completely changed their fortunes. 

If we hire Payton then we just hired probably one of the best 2-3 coaches in all of football. If we hire Payton AND get Lamar Jackson…get ready. With what we have on defense and the OL it will be the beginning of the greatest run in the history of this franchise. 

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

How many fans on here are old enough to remember how utterly horrific the Saints were before Sean Payton got there?

They were legitimately one of the worst franchises in all of sports. He turned them into a perennial winner, a Super Bowl champion, and completely changed their fortunes. 

If we hire Payton then we just hired probably one of the best 2-3 coaches in all of football. If we hire Payton AND get Lamar Jackson…get ready. With what we have on defense and the OL it will be the beginning of the greatest run in the history of this franchise. 

If we do get SP, best believe we’re going all in to get a good QB. His offense don’t work without one, and I doubt he’d agree to come here without a plan in place to land said QB. Doesn’t have to be Lamar. Could be Carr. poo, could be Brady. Who knows. 

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Lol….ok Mr. Scott. Because no way in NFL history have people ever talked “unofficially” and worked out a deal. Doesn’t the interviewing of DC’s without a HC under contract strike you as odd? 

It'd be tampering, and would basically allow Payton to totally screw us over if he so desired. Hopefully Tepper isn't that stupid.

As to the coordinator thing, that's not new or unique to us. Teams were doing it last year.