• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Thread

Panthers Fan 69

54 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

NHL on XM reporting Timo and the canes are almost a done deal.  Stay tuned. 

im guessing a first next year, Drury plus another prospect with either KK or Jarvis. 

Hopefully we can keep Jarvis...and I actually think KK is playing really well. Just wish he didn't come with the 4.4m aav for 7 years 

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

NHL on XM reporting Timo and the canes are almost a done deal.  Stay tuned. 

im guessing a first next year, Drury plus another prospect with either KK or Jarvis. 

That's pretty steep for Timo: first, prospect, Drury and Jarvis/KK?

No. First (maybe), prospect and another player not named Drury. Jarvis and KK are both RBA guys and play the way he did.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

That's pretty steep for Timo: first, prospect, Drury and Jarvis/KK?

No. First (maybe), prospect and another player not named Drury. Jarvis and KK are both RBA guys and play the way he did.

No active roster players. I’m on a firm stance of not trading any players during the season under RBA’s system. Unless someone just desperately wants to leave. 

Edited by Harbingers

"On Feb. 10, TSN's Chris Johnston reported the Sharks are seeking "three pieces", one of which could be a first-round draft pick. He thinks the secondary pieces must be better than the third-round pick, a prospect defenseman and a veteran winger (Sammy Blais) that the Blues received as part of the return from the Rangers for Tarasenko."

1. First

2. "Better than a third round" and/or

3. Prospect defenseman and/or (Seeley, Hayes, LaJoie)

4. Veteran winger (Stepan, KK)

I'd give a 1st, 2nd and one of the 3 Chicago D-men listed above.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

"On Feb. 10, TSN's Chris Johnston reported the Sharks are seeking "three pieces", one of which could be a first-round draft pick. He thinks the secondary pieces must be better than the third-round pick, a prospect defenseman and a veteran winger (Sammy Blais) that the Blues received as part of the return from the Rangers for Tarasenko."

1. First

2. "Better than a third round" and/or

3. Prospect defenseman and/or (Seeley, Hayes, LaJoie)

4. Veteran winger (Stepan, KK)

I’d be ok with Stepan. But it’d be a Dick move on our part, the dude is a solid switch in. I think KK is in his sophomore slump but unlike Svech or Necas I’m not sure he’ll make it back above water here. So I could see trading him buutttt…

Edited by Harbingers

1 hour ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

KKs contract could be highway robbery in 2 or 3 years if he develops the way the FO thinks he can. I’m also not a fan of Jarvis being traded, but it’s getting close to do or die time for the team. 

I am not in favor of trading Jarvis. Anxious to see how this plays out.

• Pie 1

I believe the Sharks will want a 1st, 2nd, and one of Jarvis or KK.

I say we should counter with a 1st, 2nd, and one of our D prospects (would like to see LaJoie get a chance).  The draft picks are in different years.

If they absolutely will not move off wanting Jarvis or KK, I would offer a 1st, Jarvis (very reluctantly), and a 3rd since they are getting Jarvis.

It's a war for Meier and it's going to take us giving up something we probably don't want to.

• Pie 2

I'd give a 1st, LaJoie and KK.

LaJoie has NHL ice time and a resume; KK is signed forever at nearly $4.82M and 12 of San Jose's 14 forwards are FAs over the next 2 seasons.

The Sharks are very top heavy when it comes to salary. Karlsson (D), Couture (C) and Hertl (C) count for well more than 25% of their cap.

I like KK and I know why the Canes got him, but in Raleigh, he's overpaid for what averages out to a 25-30 point per year guy. He had 29 points last season and is at 21 this year, so he'll probably get to 30. I love the kid and I think he'll be a stud for a long time, but I don't expect him to set the league on fire every year. He'll probably be a very solid 30-40 points a season guy in a couple years.

No way does Jarvis's name come up in the trade conversation.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

I believe the Sharks will want a 1st, 2nd, and one of Jarvis or KK.

I say we should counter with a 1st, 2nd, and one of our D prospects (would like to see LaJoie get a chance).  The draft picks are in different years.

If they absolutely will not move off wanting Jarvis or KK, I would offer a 1st, Jarvis (very reluctantly), and a 3rd since they are getting Jarvis.

It's a war for Meier and it's going to take us giving up something we probably don't want to.

I agree. Sounds like a plan.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Carolina Hurricanes

The perfect fit: Timo Meier
The trade: Meier and a 2023 fourth-round pick for LHD prospect Alexander Nikishin, C prospect Ryan Suzuki and Carolina’s 2023 first-round pick
Consolation candidate: Adam Henrique

The Hurricanes are a wagon, lapping the field with an expected goals share just a hair under 60 percent. Their team defense is once again stellar, and while the underlying numbers (as always) like the danger Carolina is creating at five-on-five, the Canes could still use a pure scorer to help turn those into actual goals — both at even strength and on the power play.

That’s what they brought in Max Pacioretty to do, of course, but a torn Achilles tendon has him on LTIR and expected to be out for the season. The LTIR designation will allow the Hurricanes to exceed the cap by north of $10 million, which opens up plenty of possibilities for them — biggest of all, Meier, who has followed up a 35-goal campaign in 2021-22 by already potting 30 this season.

The price would be significant; in Corey Pronman’s latest under-23 rankings, Nikishin checks in just behind David Jiricek and K’Andre Miller. Losing him would sting, and he might well be the best individual prospectthe Sharks could hope to receive for Meier. But with his KHL contract keeping him in Russia until at least 2025, and a divisional rival also likely in on Meier, there’s plenty of reason for Carolina to take the big swing while its window is wide open — especially since he’s still an RFA after this season.

If they strike out, Henrique would be a cheaper option who could still bring some finishing touch to the Hurricanes’ possession-driving machine.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Carolina Hurricanes

The perfect fit: Timo Meier
The trade: Meier and a 2023 fourth-round pick for LHD prospect Alexander Nikishin, C prospect Ryan Suzuki and Carolina’s 2023 first-round pick
Consolation candidate: Adam Henrique

The Hurricanes are a wagon, lapping the field with an expected goals share just a hair under 60 percent. Their team defense is once again stellar, and while the underlying numbers (as always) like the danger Carolina is creating at five-on-five, the Canes could still use a pure scorer to help turn those into actual goals — both at even strength and on the power play.

That’s what they brought in Max Pacioretty to do, of course, but a torn Achilles tendon has him on LTIR and expected to be out for the season. The LTIR designation will allow the Hurricanes to exceed the cap by north of $10 million, which opens up plenty of possibilities for them — biggest of all, Meier, who has followed up a 35-goal campaign in 2021-22 by already potting 30 this season.

The price would be significant; in Corey Pronman’s latest under-23 rankings, Nikishin checks in just behind David Jiricek and K’Andre Miller. Losing him would sting, and he might well be the best individual prospectthe Sharks could hope to receive for Meier. But with his KHL contract keeping him in Russia until at least 2025, and a divisional rival also likely in on Meier, there’s plenty of reason for Carolina to take the big swing while its window is wide open — especially since he’s still an RFA after this season.

If they strike out, Henrique would be a cheaper option who could still bring some finishing touch to the Hurricanes’ possession-driving machine.

Nikishin is untouchable, even more so than Morrow. He broke the record for most points in a season by a SKA defenceman previously held by Sergei Zubov.

Sub Morrow for Nikishin and I’d do it.

Though I think Drury, Suzuki, and a first is more than fair.

• Pie 4