• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Thread

Panthers Fan 69

7 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

What if the canes don’t make a move and are afraid to fug up the chemistry. When patches came in, yes he scored 3 goals but we looked off. Aho has turned into an absolute machine lately. Something to think about. 

We have 9 mil in cap space once patches hits LTIR. No way we don’t make a move. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery
  • Pie 2

I think the Canes are zeroing in on Toews.  He can play 2C and be more of a scoring threat than KK.  He also plays a very good 2 way game.

I also read where the Canes were talking to the Canucks about Horvat, but wanted to talk extension before making any kind of offer.  After seeing what the Canucks got from NJ and his extension I am glad we didn't go there.

• Beer 1

Looks like Boeser is going to be on the move soon and while I’m not a big fan his because he’s overpaid by quite a bit and slow; I wouldn’t be totally shocked to see Carolina approach Vancouver and take on all of Boeser’s contract along with the first round pick that Vancouver just acquired for Horvat in exchange for a second round pick.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

21 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Looks like Boeser is going to be on the move soon and while I’m not a big fan his because he’s overpaid by quite a bit and slow; I wouldn’t be totally shocked to see Carolina approach Vancouver and take on all of Boeser’s contract along with the first round pick that Vancouver just acquired for Horvat in exchange for a second round pick.

Hmmmmm..... not a move I see Waddell making, tbh. You're right, he's overpaid and doesn't bring any more potential offense to the 2C position. 

• Pie 2

38 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Hmmmmm..... not a move I see Waddell making, tbh. You're right, he's overpaid and doesn't bring any more potential offense to the 2C position. 

I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Canes also look for someone who can play the wing in a top six role but is maybe a third line winger in a perfect world.

Patches was going to be 1RW and Jarvis was going to get bumped down to the fourth line but obviously the injury occurred.

With over $10M to spend, I think 2C is the most important position followed by 1RW, and then 3LD.

So all in all, I’d like to see the Canes look something like this:

Teravainen - Aho - Trade

Svechnikov - Trade - Necas

Martinook - Staal - Fast

Noesen - Kotkaniemi - Jarvis

Stepan - Stastny

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

de Haan - Chatfield

Trade

Andersen

Raanta

I’m half expecting Coghlan to remain with the Canes so that might take us out of the market for a third pairing LHD but as far as our top six goes, I’m starting to get on board with a trade with St. Louis that could land us O’Reilly and Barbashev.

The Canes could lineup like:

Svechnikov - Aho - Teravainen

Barbashev - O’Reilly - Necas

Martinook - Staal - Fast

Noesen - Kotkaniemi - Jarvis

Just spitballing some ideas but I definitely think two additional pieces are needed.

• Pie 1