• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Thread

Panthers Fan 69

5 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Yeah I know they can waive at least one player and get $2M back, but they will have to get a third (maybe a fourth) team involved so they are only paying 25%.  How do they get a deal done that "favors" them??  They need help and that costs prospects and picks.

They are going to trade away draft picks until year 2030 to get it done.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

So Boston has loaded up and they might not be done, Toronto has loaded up, and the Rangers are continuing to load up.

Tampa would like to load up but they have Gucci taste with a Walmart budget.

That leaves Carolina and New Jersey. New Jersey has young, high end talent on their roster (Mercer) and in their prospect pool (Luke Hughes and Nemec) but none of those players are available which has allowed Carolina to make this interesting.

Ultimately I think San Jose will be deciding between Carolina’s offer that’s probably similar to a first round pick, Morrow, and Drury… Or an offer from the Devils that probably consists of a first round pick, Holtz, and Bahl.

The team that gets Meier might even send an extra pick (like a second rounder) to separate themselves.

• Pie 2

Posting from Aruba, guys.... before heading over to the beach, looks like Freddie is in net again tonite.

Anyone but me think Raanta might be the silver bullet for a trade deal to get done? He's a UFA and Kochetkov is waiting in the wings...

Having to sign both Raanta and Freddie after the season is not a good place to be in from a GM perspective. Both are going to demand big money for the seasons they've had.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Posting from Aruba, guys.... before heading over to the beach, looks like Freddie is in net again tonite.

Anyone but me think Raanta might be the silver bullet for a trade deal to get done? He's a UFA and Kochetkov is waiting in the wings...

Having to sign both Raanta and Freddie after the season is not a good place to be in from a GM perspective. Both are going to demand big money for the seasons they've had.

Rub it in why don’t ya!  Aruba is nice. 

I thought all year raanta or Freddie would be trade bait with Koochie. We will see. 

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

As he is UFA though only a team that needs a goalie for a playoff run would be interested though. If SJS is our target trading partner we’d have to find a third party still in the race that needs a goalie and would be willing to work out a deal. 

• Pie 1

Some speculation that if we strike out on Meier that we may go for a package deal of Schmaltz and Ghost.

Svech - Aho - Jarvis

Turbo - KK - Necas

Marty - Staal - Fast

Noesen - Stastny - Schmaltz

Stepan

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Ghost - Chatfield

de Haan

If we could also add some one like Barbashev then I’d be pretty happy.

The Meier situation will probably be wrapped up soon, the rumor is that San Jose is waiting until Marleau’s celebration night is over so that they don’t take anything away from him in regards to publicity within the franchise.

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Some speculation that if we strike out on Meier that we may go for a package deal of Schmaltz and Ghost.

Svech - Aho - Jarvis

Turbo - KK - Necas

Marty - Staal - Fast

Noesen - Stastny - Schmaltz

Stepan

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

Ghost - Chatfield

de Haan

If we could also add some one like Barbashev then I’d be pretty happy.

The Meier situation will probably be wrapped up soon, the rumor is that San Jose is waiting until Marleau’s celebration night is over so that they don’t take anything away from him in regards to publicity within the franchise.

When’s that? Deadline coming up pretty fast.  

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Tomorrow and from the talk of it, Vegas, NJ, and Carolina are going to make their final pitches between tonight and tomorrow before San Jose decides.

Hopefully we can get him without moving any active pieces. Though depending on his price tag… we have a lot of contracts coming up in the next two years. One of which is aho who is probably going to command 10-12M. Really in two offseason. So many of our core are up for contract in 2024-2025 season. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

What would you guys think about a trade for Boston’s Craig Smith?  Would he really be an upgrade to our bottom 6?

Seems like a pure speculation piece, but thought it was interesting. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/nhl-rumors-could-bruins-trade-craig-smith-top-competitor-east?cid=sm_npd_rsn_bos_fb_mn&fbclid=IwAR2QePp-jzesgq4B6piQaBV6QrifjwDjtwF-sY2oO_YcysrvtA5pox7PVpY

18 minutes ago, TheCandyMan said:

What would you guys think about a trade for Boston’s Craig Smith?  Would he really be an upgrade to our bottom 6?

Seems like a pure speculation piece, but thought it was interesting. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/nhl-rumors-could-bruins-trade-craig-smith-top-competitor-east?cid=sm_npd_rsn_bos_fb_mn&fbclid=IwAR2QePp-jzesgq4B6piQaBV6QrifjwDjtwF-sY2oO_YcysrvtA5pox7PVpY

I really doubt that. Our main rival these days. Neither team will want to do the other any flavors. 

• Pie 1