• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ground and Pound

WarHeel

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Your weird manifesto.

So what’s weird about calling out the Bills lack of run game playing a result in their loss today?

If you don’t have anything to contribute to the discussion then why come in and derail it? I expect it from 4corners but I know you have at least twice the sense he does. Most do anyway. 

9 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

So what’s weird about calling out the Bills lack of run game playing a result in their loss today?

If you don’t have anything to contribute to the discussion then why come in and derail it? I expect it from 4corners but I know you have at least twice the sense he does. Most do anyway. 

You can't seriously have watched that game and think one player or one aspect was the difference. 

The Bills got beaten in every aspect of that game. They weren't the better team today.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You can't seriously have watched that game and think one player or one aspect was the difference. 

The Bills got beaten in every aspect of that game. They weren't the better team today.

It was a one score game mid way through the 3rd. Not taking anything away from Cincy. I just think if they swap run games it’s a clear W for Buffalo. 

Is that such a crazy concept?

Getting really tired of these types of threads popping up over every god damn playoff game. Everyone trying to push their own agenda. More so those trying to gas light others into believing the way we have always done things shouldnt change. How many championships have we won from that?  Fact is, you still need a franchise QB no matter how much mental gymnastics you try to pull to convince yourself otherwise. Also need a head coach that is more offensive minded. Without those, you are not winning a Super Bowl period. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Some credit has to be given to the Bengals though. It's not just a lack of running game. All week, the chatter has been the sad state of the Bengals oline. They came to play today, subpar oline, or not.

I get we as Panther fans don't get to experience that. In the few times we have been the subject of national conversation, we poo the bed. That Bengals team brought it today and Buffalo couldn't answer.

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Getting really tired of these types of threads popping up over every god damn playoff game. Everyone trying to push their own agenda. More so those trying to gas light others into believing the way we have always done things shouldnt change. How many championships have we won from that?  Fact is, you still need a franchise QB no matter how much mental gymnastics you try to pull to convince yourself otherwise. Also need a head coach that is more offensive minded. Without those, you are not winning a Super Bowl period. 

To hell with reading comprehension. I can’t have a reasonable discussion with 90% of this board because you don’t take the time to actually read and digest something before you fire back. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, UnluckyforSome said:

Some credit has to be given to the Bengals though. It's not just a lack of running game. All week, the chatter has been the sad state of the Bengals oline. They came to play today, subpar oline, or not.

I get we as Panther fans don't get to experience that. In the few times we have been the subject of national conversation, we poo the bed. That Bengals team brought it today and Buffalo couldn't answer.

5 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

It was a one score game mid way through the 3rd. Not taking anything away from Cincy. I just think if they swap run games it’s a clear W for Buffalo. 

. . . . .

8 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I am not seeing it. That Bengals held them to 63 yards on 19 carries.

That defense was playing exceptional.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

If you swap running games and swap defenses then yes the outcome might be different? Good point??

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not seeing it. That Bengals held them to 63 yards on 19 carries.

That defense was playing exceptional.

No doubt. But they only had 19 carries. In the freaking snow. That was by design because their run game has sucked out loud all year with the exception of Josh Allen pulling a Cam Newton intermittently. 

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

No doubt. But they only had 19 carries. In the freaking snow. That was by design because their run game has sucked out loud all year with the exception of Josh Allen pulling a Cam Newton intermittently. 

So you want them to do something they aren't good at over and over?

I know you are a Panthers fan but we don't have to be like the team we root for, you know?

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So you want them to do something they aren't good at over and over?

I know you are a Panthers fan but we don't have to be like the team we root for, you know?

I’ll try to spell this out for you one last time since you don’t seem to be getting it.

I don’t expect them to run because they haven’t done it well all year. They’ve been great through the air. And when the weather was piss poor and it made sense to run they couldn’t because they sucked at it.

They kept the game close until the 3rd quarter and then lost what could have been a much more favorable game in which Allen would have been able to throw the ball downfield and let Diggs and Beasley feast. 

Moral of the story: 

Many say we need a high octane passing offense and crap on the notion of ground and pound football and defense winning championships. The Bengals capitalized by playing physical on defense AND on the offense by incorporating the run game for over 100 yards by ONE player on the ground for roughly the same amount of carries the Bills had by ALL of their offense combined.

I can’t hold anyone’s hand on this anymore so if you don’t get the point after this, good luck. 

• Pie 1