• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ground and Pound

WarHeel

I’d say it’s a toss up who would win a dry weather game between the two, but I agree with your premise. The Bills have no RB/TE threats and their WRs are not as talented as the Bengals. It also looks like they’re outmanned in the trenches too. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Anyone who has watched a minute of Buffalo football this year can’t deny the juggernaut presence that is their passing game. And when Allen isn’t dropping a dime to Diggs for what seems like an eternal gif-like loop, he’s hurting you with his feet for another first down scamper. Beneath all the glamour, a not so obvious truth has been hiding below the trenches in plain sight all season long. 

Singletary finished the 2021 season with a strong showing and an optimistic outlook for 2022. As someone who watched most of their fantasy draft targets for the RB position get snatched before I could stake my claim, I was one of the poor souls who ended up with Singletary as my RB2. For any unfortunate individual who can share my sentiments you and I saw this moment coming for Buffalo a long time ago. 

My father, a Buffalo native and Bills fan turned Carolina fan, asked me last week who I had for my Super Bowl picks and while Buffalo has a special place in my heart (when they aren’t playing Carolina) I couldn’t in good sense pick them to go the distance. Deep down, I had seen the writing on the wall all season. Devin Singletary is not the RB1 you want to have to depend on to bail you out on an evening of inclement weather in a playoff atmosphere. He rarely, if ever, is called for a check down play. He more often than not finds himself on the wrong side of 4 yards per carry. 

For all the pooing on the old fashioned, smash mouth football that Carolina can’t seem to evolve from, McDermott and company have to be kicking themselves for not having the personnel to devolve when it counted.

On a chilly, dry January afternoon in Buffalo I truly believe the Bills would have beaten Cincinnati by at least a score and a half. Buffalo is as cursed an NFL franchise as there has ever been. But this curse was self-inflicted. 

I’d love a young minded offensive guru to coach up our (hopeful) shiny new QB to drop a 40-burger on opposing NFC defenses as well as anyone. But let’s not forget that there are moments where the roots of this game matter. Pass catching running backs matter. Ramming it down your opponents throat on the ground absolutely matters. 

Keep Pounding.

Think Positive Rise Up GIF by University of Phoenix

• Pie 1

Just now, panthers55 said:

Was thinking that Buffalo should have been pounding the rock and didn't. 

Yeah, their coordinator definitely plays to their strengths and not their weaknesses.

Imagine CMC as RB1 in Buffalo with their current roster. Sheesh. 

Buffalo is a finesse team. It’s why teams like the Jets give them so much trouble. 

Buffalos defense is also a bit of a mirage in that their offense can get them out to such a big lead that it leads to other teams having to become one dimensional. 

Physical football still wins games. 

• Pie 4