• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Profile: Frank Reich

Mr. Scot

53 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Steelers operated that way forever(drafting and acquiring players to fit established systems) and never had it hurt them.

They haven't won in awhile though, and they've also made subtle changes over the years depending upon personnel. You have to do that. You can't use JuJu like AB for example. The big play offense is gone...for now. I expect they'll upgrade their receivers and we'll see a switch.

Ellis mentioned a connection I'd overlooked.

Pat Stewart was with the Eagles during Reich's time there as OC.

I looked for connections in the coaching staff and thought about the front office, but didn't really look too far beyond Fitterer and Morgan (my mistake) 😄

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

@Mr. Scot Awesome post, thanks for the time

Kevin Patullo for sure is a name to watch

Mike Groh is also a potential OC.  He was part of the highly curated Daboll staff that all came together without much history.  He was Reich's WR coach in Philly & then Indy but got plucked away.  And got that pedestrian NYG room playing really solidly this year (Slayton & Hodgins).  In checking him out, it sounds like he's not just a colleague but vry tight with Frank so could see him on the squad.

Tyler Boyles is another who's young and was Reich's handpicked assistant "to the" HC.  His young 30-ish Y/O assistant will likely follow him methinks.

Edited by Bear Hands

2 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

@Mr. Scot Awesome post, thanks for the time

Kevin Patullo for sure is a name to watch

Mike Groh is also a potential OC.  He was part of the highly curated Daboll staff that all came together without much history.  He was Reich's WR coach in Philly & then Indy but got plucked away.  And got that pedestrian NYG room playing really solidly this year (Slayton & Hodgins).  In checking him out, it sounds like he's not just a colleague but vry tight with Frank so could see him on the squad.

Tyler Boyles is another who's young and was Reich's handpicked assistant "to the" HC.  His young 30-ish Y/O assistant will likely follow him methinks.

I hadn't looked too hard at Groh as an OC but I'll probably take another look.

Based on what I'm reading about Reich having already interviewed people though, I'm starting to think the hires might be announced before I've had time to research anybody 😄

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I hadn't looked too hard at Groh as an OC but I'll probably take another look.

Based on what I'm reading about Reich having already interviewed people though, I'm starting to think the hires might be announced before I've had time to research anybody 😄

Groh is a classic NFL nepo-baby but could be good.  Hard to tell, didn't have the best cred when he was on Fisher's Rams but seems to have reworked his career a bit.