• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Profile: Frank Reich

Mr. Scot

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's a good one.

The clip with Kristen Balboni (posted elsewhere) is good too.

Thats a great interview as well Scot. I can see why he stood out to Tepper with the way he has a good vision for his next team and explaining what he's learned and how he intends to apply it to his next gig. It's well worth a listen.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Thats a great interview as well Scot. I can see why he stood out to Tepper with the way he has a good vision for his next team and explaining what he's learned and how he intends to apply it to his next gig. It's well worth a listen.

Yup. Both interviews give reason to be optimistic about the staff.  A HC becomes great with the guys around him.  Reich seems to have learned a lot on building out his crew.  Hopefully the mix of guys he's alluding to is followed through.  

My biggest takeaways with this first day-ish:

-Lively offense.  QB centric w/intelligence & playmaking being top traits

-Balanced coaching staff -- wants the experienced, up and comers, the yellers, & the reserved.  They all have their place.  Can't have too many of any particular type, it's about both being quality and complimentary.   

-He really likes our defensive core and wants to keep building it.  I think we're trying to get one of these top guys pretty swiftly.  Gonna guess Manuel.  

There's no "program" to buy into or whatnot.  He sounds like he's very sound, matter of fact and wants to build in a smart, balanced, methodical way. Complimentary pieces, all about cohesion and intelligence. 

• Pie 1

• 9 months later...
1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Oh, problems with the English language, I see. I wonder who that sounds like 

Red Sox Magic Number GIF by NBC Sports Boston

Joey Badass Starz GIF by Raising Kanan

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Oh, problems with the English language, I see. I wonder who that sounds like 

Red Sox Magic Number GIF by NBC Sports Boston

Joey Badass Starz GIF by Raising Kanan

Who writes in proper English on an online thread? When did this turn into Freshman English class? And what exactly are you trying to imply?

25 minutes ago, TABUTIFUL said:

Wrong again, there were quite a few of us, who was pulling for Wilks

Wilks better hope that he doesn't get run out of San Francisco on a rail. 

The point is, that we should've been (and should be) able to get someone more promising than Wilks or Reich. Neither one has a modern offensive mind in my opinion. Their sensibilities go more towards old style, smash-mouth football. I'm not sure that either one could outcoach the best coaches of the day. 

• Pie 1