• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Championship Game Thread

Shocker

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Purdy possibly looking at Tommy John surgery. MRI revealed his elbow is fuged up bad.

Yeah now the 30 yards makes sense. But ya know folks here saying the moment was too big or he couldn't get it done cause not a 1st rounder and all. Huddle gonna hudde.  Terrible for Purdy and CMC, good for our draft pick lol.

Sucks it happened early and really made it a much easier game for the Eagles to defend as SF couldn't find a NFL starter off the streets after their #3 goes down. Compound that by having to insert the injured guy  back on cause they had no choice as a throwing decoy and that was a laugher of a "game".

Hurts really didn't have an effective game throwing the ball (and got a big gift via the refs). Gonna be interesting game as Eagles had a cake walk into this unlike the Chiefs. 

I expect the Chiefs continue to chip with the TE and backs just like they had to with the bungles. I do think the eagles have a better D in every position group than the bungles, so baby goat better hope that ankle heals up soon. In some ways feals like our SB, Eagles should be favored here like us. Idk if they want the experience of KC vs bungles though.

18 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

NFL officiating has absolutely gone to sh-t in the last ten years or so.

Instructions like the one I mentioned above are probably part of that, but for whatever reason, the quality has just become terrible.

Part of it is with replay getting better and better, you can see the mistakes. But the majority of it really is there is no consistency from one game to the next on what "insert penalty here" really is. DJ gets an unsportsmanlike for taking his helmet off outside the field of play. Countless other players take theirs off in the middle of the field to celebrate and crickets. What defines a catch? What is PI? Holding? WTF is considered a sack vs roughing the passer? You can't expect coaches, players, and fans not to constantly call bullshit when there is zero continuity on how a game is called. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

That sucks for him; complete tear of his UCL.  Delhomme was never the same after his Tommy John surgery. 

Niners going after Brady.

No way a aging Brady is going to the AFC with those young QB's he would have to go through.

Niners/Brady talk will heat up soon. I would be shocked if he chose another team.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Not sure if this was posted but yikes

I mean, is he wrong?  Sometimes stupid need to be called out.  Granted Butker still could have made a reeeeallly long attempt, but that 15 extra yards sure helped.  Would have been, what 56 yards in single digit temperatures?

10 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I mean, is he wrong?  Sometimes stupid need to be called out.  Granted Butker still could have made a reeeeallly long attempt, but that 15 extra yards sure helped.  Would have been, what 56 yards in single digit temperatures?

Like it matters? If he had to kick a 56 yarder there would've been a flag thrown just in case he missed to scoot him up for the retry. Just how that game was shaping up.

• Pie 1