• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL is Rigged

Diehardpanth02

To everyone belittling OP "The NFL is Rigged" is trending on twitter.  All kinds of articles you can link to from major news outlets and talking heads.

Once the NFL legalized gambling, outcomes being "fixed" was coming next.  Human nature.  The fact that gambling was only legalized after some of the most powerful owners were positioned to profit is not a coincidence.

https://www.onlinegambling.com/news/sec-filing-nfl-nba-owners-among-major-investors-in-draftkings/

Just bask in the knowledge that we are all being laughed at by WWE fans that we used to laugh at.

1 minute ago, RenoCarolina said:

To everyone belittling OP "The NFL is Rigged" is trending on twitter.  All kinds of articles you can link to from major news outlets and talking heads.

Once the NFL legalized gambling, outcomes being "fixed" was coming next.  Human nature.  The fact that gambling was only legalized after some of the most powerful owners were positioned to profit is not a coincidence.

https://www.onlinegambling.com/news/sec-filing-nfl-nba-owners-among-major-investors-in-draftkings/

Just bask in the knowledge that we are all being laughed at by WWE fans that we used to laugh at.

Wow, I thought it the idea of the NFL being rigged was crazy.  But now that it is trending on Twitter?  Definitely changed my mind.

17 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Where are these examples of NFL refs being bent? 

And just because they can affect a game, doesn’t mean they are, or have. Intentionally. These are the same accusations as there were in the 1970s and it’s never been shown to be true even once. That’s a lot of people to keep quiet. 

The rest is just whatever scenario you have made up in your mind with little to no knowledge of how the NFL works. What tech was needed? How many games have you called or even played in? You have a theory. That’s adorable. But it’s nowhere close to factual or even true. I’m just glad they made your wife happy?   

maybe you are right.  In the shady corrupt world we live in.....sports is where everything is uniquely on the up and up and free from corrupt activity. 

Money tends to keep people quiet.  And that's what we are talking about. 

Take that NBA official that finally got busted.  And how he called folks out about the damage control they were doing trying to paint him as some rogue outlier.  Sports have always been influenced.   Too much money involved.  Arguing against that overall component is silly IMO.   I guess there is a legit argument about who does it (but that's it IMO). 

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

it being influenced definitely doesn't want to make me turn it off.  It just heightens things.  Overcoming the preferred outcome? Hell, that makes it even more exciting to watch.  

Which is exactly why this is not illegal.  Fixing outcomes of an entertainment business is not illegal.  People just need to decide whether they want the NFL to denigrate itself or call the NFL out.  I'm glad more people are talking about it because it is going to get worse before it gets better.

7 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Jesus man, are you just trolling or really that dense? I already thoroughly explained an example. Bucs vs Chiefs Super Bowl.  If it was rigged then the Bucs and Chiefs would know the outcome before the game was played.  It was influenced to give the Bucs the best chance to win.  Wasn’t a matter of “don’t try too hard”.  They just call things tighter one way within the confines of the “subjective” leeway cooked into the rules. 

I'm glad more people are talking about it because it is going to get worse before it gets better.

"More people are talking about it."

You are living in the moment.

Sports fans have complained about bad calls and the sport being "scripted" since the beginning of time.  This is literally nothing new.  Same is true for NBA, MLB, NHL, etc.  There is nothing that is going to change by people complaining on the internet.  Bad/missed calls has always been a thing.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

maybe you are right.  In the shady corrupt world we live in.....sports is where everything is uniquely on the up and up and free from corrupt activity. 

Money tends to keep people quiet.  And that's what we are talking about. 

Take that NFL official that finally got busted.  And how he called folks out about the damage control they were doing trying to paint him as some rogue outlier. 

You mean the NBA official. The one that we absolutely know was bent. Who else you got?

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

Wow, I thought it the idea of the NFL being rigged was crazy.  But now that it is trending on Twitter?  Definitely changed my mind.

you don't come off as someone who changes their mind.  Which is cool.  Message boards are for examining points of view other than your own and maybe taking a longer look at things you took at face value.  Maybe you and the others jumping to the defense of ownership is the smart way to go.

• Pie 1

Super Bowl 50 was awful officiating wise no doubt.  But that game is nothing in comparison to the first regular season game the following year Panthers @ Broncos.  That was the most disgusting thing I have seen in terms of officials completely ignoring hits to the QB.  That game actually led to changes on how you can hit QBs and most of those brutal hits weren’t even flagged.

Still gets me really heated thinking about that bullshet

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Jesus man, are you just trolling or really that dense? I already thoroughly explained an example. Bucs vs Chiefs Super Bowl.  If it was rigged then the Bucs and Chiefs would know the outcome before the game was played.  It was influenced to give the Bucs the best chance to win.  Wasn’t a matter of “don’t try too hard”.  They just call things tighter one way within the confines of the “subjective” leeway cooked into the rules. 

No. You gave a vague point of view on a game where there was absolutely no reason for anyone in the NFL to care who won. That proves you’re correct to yourself. Please explain why the league would want Brady to win over their new “face”. Did the league want a beat down for viewers? 

23 minutes ago, Mage said:

Wrestling fans don’t complain about wrestling being scripted. 

I think this is a pretty bad comparison when pro wrestling fans have known about how things are for decades.  Thousands of interviews with wrestlers and promoters on how things work.  

you don't come off as someone who changes their mind.  

Nobody is changing their mind in here.  Either you believe something or you don't.  Again goes back to my earlier point.  You can't change the mind of people who aren't arguing something dependent on facts.

And I don't mean that as an insult.  It is just the truth.  How can I argue against, "one man can decide the outcome of a play."  Like... you can't.  At that point facts don't matter.  It just comes down to what you believe vs what you don't believe. 

Which is why I think this discussion is pointless.  There is nothing to discuss.  You either believe it or you don't.

10 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You mean the NBA official. The one that we absolutely know was bent. Who else you got?

So, you think he is the only one? That's your official stance.   All major sports has been clean and fair outside of him?   Just want to know exactly the stance I am arguing against. 

So the mob just got involved w/ sports betting in 2007 and just w/ the NBA?  lol.  All the rest was just a false rumor.