• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich’s description of a QB: It’s basically Corral

Wundrbread33

6 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The narrative totally ignores what this kid was doing in the SEC before any of us here were even paying attention. They want to discredit who he was as the top QB in the SEC in 2021. That wasn't gimmick plays, it was Corral executing those plays, lifting a rag tag middle of the pack SEC squad to unimagined success. Their best QB since Eli. He continued with a solid season the next year despite injury. He shouldn't have played in the Bowl game in hindsight.

Trask did as well

Te-bow did too

Stetson Bennett

Jarrett Stidham

Chad Kelly (Who Put Up BETTER numbers than Corral at the same school)

just because you put good numbers in the SEC means your going to be a top QB in the NFL 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The Young lovers will have their way. He's this years bargain high risk/high reward. The way physical attributes are coveted in the NFL a guy like Richardson could easily leapfrog Young much like Levis has.

I suspect that by the time the draft gets here Levis will be at the top and Richardson, depending on the talking head will be anywhere for 2 to 4 in the QB draft order.   It will be interesting to see if some small school QB shows off at the combine and stirs the pot.   

Just now, ncfan said:

Trask did as well

Te-bow did too

Stetson Bennett

Jarrett Stidham

Chad Kelly (Who Put Up BETTER numbers than Corral at the same school)

just because you put good numbers in the SEC means your going to be a top QB in the NFL 

How many of those guys were considered the top player at QB those years, not many id assume, more breakout performances if id venture to guess.

Good numbers indicate better potential success than bad #'s so I don't get your point there.

Corral put together a 69% completion year after 72% the previous year. Consistency. High level at that. There's something there even if Golden Corral haters choose not to acknowledge it. Steak and desert.

I'll put my money on good stats and actually playing and beating actual teams and players. Will Anderson said Corral was the best he'd played against when asked a couple months back. That's an actual witness, not the huddle snarks.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

How many of those guys were considered the top player at QB those years, not many id assume, more breakout performances if id venture to guess.

Good numbers indicate better potential success than bad #'s so I don't get your point there.

Corral put together a 69% completion year after 72% the previous year. Consistency. High level at that. There's something there even if Golden Corral haters choose not to acknowledge it. Steak and desert.

I'll put my money on good stats and actually playing and beating actual teams and players. Will Anderson said Corral was the best he'd played against when asked a couple months back. That's an actual witness, not the huddle snarks.

When was he Ever considered the “best at his position”. Now you’re just pulled crap out of your azz. 

He was never even the best in his conference at his position 

As long as Corral gets a genuine shot, I'm good.

As far as who it sounded like Reich was talking about---I said it yesterday---it sounds like Lamar Jackson. It really does. 

At the end of the day, I can say that Reich realizes that it's better to have someone with some versatility out there who can put pressure on the opposition outside the pocket, but who who can also effectively play inside the pocket than just someone who only can only play effectively inside the pocket.

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

When was he Ever considered the “best at his position”. Now you’re just pulled crap out of your azz. 

He was never even the best in his conference at his position 

He may not have been considered the best at his position, but at one point during his last season in college, he was the frontrunner for the Heisman. Obviously, injury derailed that, but it doesn't change that fact.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Based off of Reich's style and comments, I think they are looking at two QBs in the top-10....

Stroud and Richardson. 

Stroud will cost ya a pretty penny while Richardson will not nearly as much. I do think by the time the draft rolls around AR goes ahead of Levis. We still may need to jump Vegas to get 'our guy' and everyone in the NFL knows Carolina is looking at a QB at 9. We cannot get leapfrogged.

Young to Houston seems like a lock and Levis scares me. 

For me, AR > Levis. Richardson is two years younger, played in the SEC has less reps in the collegiate ranks and is more dangerous of an athlete. A 24-yr old Levis opting out of the Sr. Bowl is also a key indicator for me that Levis is going to try and get drafted based on mystique and pro-day/underwear olympics. 

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He may not have been considered the best at his position, but at one point during his last season in college, he was the frontrunner for the Heisman. Obviously, injury derailed that, but it doesn't change that fact.

At one point meaning after one week possibly.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.  He was a pretty good player and decent prospect.  But we’re acting like some dude who was the same level Draft prospect as Will Grier is The guy.

24 minutes ago, ncfan said:

At one point meaning after one week possibly.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.  He was a pretty good player and decent prospect.  But we’re acting like some dude who was the same level Draft prospect as Will Grier is The guy.

Nah, it was after at least three weeks, if not four or five. The only thing he and Grier really have in common is that they were both drafted in the third round by the Panthers. Their stories and college careers have stark differences beginning with how they came into the league and the conference in which they ultimately played for.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Nah, it was after at least three weeks, if not four or five. The only thing he and Grier really have in common is that they were both drafted in the third round by the Panthers. Their stories and college careers have stark differences beginning with how they came into the league and the conference in which they ultimately played for.

Only difference is the college they played for and conference they played in l.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Only difference is the college they played for and conference they played in l.

That’s silly. You are talking about two young men who grew up differently, different families, different friends, different challenges, different physical abilities. 

People are far more complex than that. 

• Pie 1