• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper admits to mistake in hiring Matt Rhule

Mr. Scot

39 minutes ago, Basbear said:

The deal was, JR waited a looonng time to final the sale. It was three weeks before the start of TC......he did that on purpose to force tepper to keep both hernaiy and RR.....then hernaiy got to brown nosing and honey dicked tepper...

And per Darin Gantt was walking around angrily mumbling stuff like "I don't have to sell this team".

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Shonuff said:

??? It’s was to replace Rhule after a shitty start? With a QB everybody wants to dump. Now, that’s hard….next excuses 

I was implying that Frank just lead the panthers to SB win and had a heart attack days later.....so now panthers need a HC and those are the reasons, besides "frank in da tank upsidedown "

Edited by Basbear

2 hours ago, outlaw4 said:

The same reason so many people make it to places they clearly do not belong; selling horse manure.

Still cannot comprehend how owners continue to think hiring a college coach who doesn't already have a fair amount of experience in the league is a good idea. The closest analogy I can think of is a dirt racing driver trying to go into NASCAR. Yes, you drive a vehicle regardless but the dynamics are so much different that most of the skills don't translate.

Well, at least one NFL owner hired a high school coach.  

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Well, at least one NFL owner hired a high school coach.  

They need a policy where Irsay is required to pass a breathalyzer / drug test in order to make a decision.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

In reality he didnt have to sell. 

Technically no, but the NFL would have forced him out one way or another.

I think that's a big reason why he was bitter. After all his loyalty, he probably expected them to protect him.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

They need a policy where Irsay is required to pass a breathalyzer / drug test in order to make a decision.

Technically no, but the NFL would have forced him out one way or another.

I think that's a big reason why he was bitter. After all his loyalty, he probably expected them to protect him.

There is no legal means to make a owner sale outside of the majority vote which is never goign to happen.  Dan Synder is 100x worse then richardson and he is in a stalemate with the nfl

2 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Marty had a track record with his first rounders, and while he sucked at nearly every other aspect of GM'ing, hitting home runs/grand slams every single time (save for Otah) goes a long way to impressing owners and media

Marty was good back when the RB position was valuable but he never adjusted.

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Personally I think it is all overblown.

Owners pick coaches, more times than not they are wrong, it's like drafting players.  If it was easy every team would have a good coach.

There is no perfect formula for finding the right coach.  He went for the "program building, team building, CEO type."  Personally, I'm not a big fan of college coaches for various reasons but he decided to go that route.  It's easy to second guess now but fact is he was on the NFL radar.

This time we are going the experienced HC, with offensive background route, no guarantee that works either.

The swings and misses are going to happen, you can't control that with 100% certainty, all you can control is how you handle the misses.

BTW, this same logic applies to whatever QB we draft if we do indeed draft one.

Agree. I like the idea that we have an owner that doesn't mind spending for coaching. He fell for the okey doke, but he's learning. 

I'd rather strike out swinging for the fences than softly hitting in to a 6-4-3.