• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think we should shift gears and discuss trading up to #3 rather than #1

GOAT

Just now, rayzor said:

i've got this feeling that the colts will actually trade up into the first spot and take levis. not because levis is that good....this is the team that is going to be giving the full time coaching gig to jeff saturday.

irsay is calling the shots in between shots and snorts. be ready for anything. 

I just assume this is happening I’m so sure of it, feels like the natural fit and trade down spot for both the colts and the Bears

• Pie 1

Just now, stan786 said:

I agree with this, I do wonder if this Brady news is going to push the Raiders into the trade up discussion even harder though. Do they just let us jump them it will be interesting.

i have trouble seeing mcD wanting to work with a rookie. i've been thinking jimmy G to the jets, but the more i ponder it...maybe if mcD can't get Brady does he try to get jimmy G?

there's a chance that they could draft a QB, but i think they'll use their draft capital for something else, probably OL and mcD will want to go after a more known commodity and he knows jimmy G.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the Bears are going to build around Fields they should trade down and get more assets. They need more than just the #1 overall pick. They need a lot.

them trading away fields to pick up another QB just seems like too much unnecessary work. they figured out how to manage around his skill set. now build up around it. more picks would help them pull it off. 

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i have trouble seeing mcD wanting to work with a rookie. i've been thinking jimmy G to the jets, but the more i ponder it...maybe if mcD can't get Brady does he try to get jimmy G?

there's a chance that they could draft a QB, but i think they'll use their draft capital for something else, probably OL and mcD will want to go after a more known commodity and he knows jimmy G.

That’s a good point. If Colts trade up to 1 and it is Levis I figure 5 is the spot we go to if we feel we need to with Fitterer’s Seahawks connection. Hopefully he has his finger on the pulse of the league like he has indicated he believes he does, because that path does hold a bit of risk. I think we’ll make sure we get our guy one way or another though.

10 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Ninth is a good place to pick. You miss on one or two sure things, but it also let's those regularly bad teams make their selections and clear out some of the yard trash.

Somehow the perennial winners always draft in the last half of the round and yet they keep winning.

The two teams in the SB took swings, even if one of those swings is no longer on the team.

Chiefs: traded up from 27 to 10 to grab Mahomes by trading a 3rd and next year's first in 2017

Eagles: traded up from 13 to 2 for Wentz in 2016 (first trading up from 13 to 8 by trading Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso, then sending 8, a 3rd, a 4th, the following year's first, and a 2nd two years down the line)

Since those respective trades, the Chiefs have been to 5 straight AFC title games and 3 of the last 5 SBs and the Eagles made the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years, won a SB and just made another. 

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 1