• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the league

Mr. Scot

FYI: While we were watching our pressers here, the Commanders were introducing Eric Bieniemy as their OC / Assistant Head Coach.

The topic of LeSean McCoy's comments about him naturally came up...

Ben Albright had a pretty good take on this...

The idea that one of the issues which has kept him from becoming a head coach over the past several years might have been a Harbaugh like personality isn't really difficult to believe.

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I like Eric and wish him nothing but the best.  Having said that, he does a whole lot of rambling with a five alarm firehose worth of cliches and platitudes in this video.   

We might be a little spoiled based on what we've been getting from our coaching staff over the last few days.

Did I just say that? 😳

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bieniemy feels like Rivera's version of Ben McAdoo. A head coach feeling significant pressure to bring in a "rock star" to jumpstart the offense.

I feel for my boy Sam Howell. I think it's gonna be a poo show in Washington. Shine through the shade, man. It's all you can do.

Yeah, the crapper teams are evolving.  Next year, the bottomfeeders could be a different sight:

WAS, TB, NO, TEN are all primed for a nice crash.  May throw NE in that as well.  

20 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

The idea of trading for Love for like a 4th-5th is really not a bad one in the slightest.  I wouldn't bank on that being a QB solidifying move, but he could be worthy of a shot.  Still though, want Stroud or Young.

It's almost another Sam/Baker move though. You trade picks away for him, and have to pretty much immediately pick up his 5th year option for next year without really knowing if he can have any kind of sustained success

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's almost another Sam/Baker move though. You trade picks away for him, and have to pretty much immediately pick up his 5th year option for next year without really knowing if he can have any kind of sustained success

Yeah, doesn't leave the best taste in the mouth but he looked pretty quality when thrown in this past year.  Again, def wanna draft.  

9 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

What a weird dude....he really referred to himself in third person...

Had a chance to listen to this on the way back from an appointment today. Wasn't planning to but got intrigued after reading your comment.

Yeah... 😕

He unironically refers to himself in third person something close to half a dozen times over the course of the presser. Between that and other things, I could definitely see where he might put some people off.

I'd say the biggest reason for the "odd vibe" that you and others have mentioned Is that it sounds like he's absolutely convinced he's much much smarter than you and so he needs to talk down to you just a little.

It was definitely a contrast from what we got here.

About thirty seconds into hearing both Thomas Brown and Duce Staley, I felt like I'd happily (hell, eagerly) run through a wall for either of them. With Bieniemy, I think if I werr one of his players I'd be kind of quietly nodding my head and saying "Sure, coach" while wondering whether or not this was actually gonna work out.

My two cents...

Edited by Mr. Scot

Few notes from Detroit...

So wait, the Lions want more what they saw on the defensive side of the ball last year?

Well...good luck with that 😕

Also...

Brockers was drafted 14th overall in the same draft as Andrew Luck, RG3, Trent Richardson (yikes 😬), Ryan Tannehill, former Panthers Stephon Gilmore, Bruce Irvin, Matt Kalil and a certain middle linebacker who retired a few years back.