• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favoring Levis?

kungfoodude

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Hopefully you're right but Raiders are gonna Raider 😂😂

They can try all they want but the details of that situation are public knowledge. They aren't going to be able to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Carr basically already gave them the finger by not letting them extend the period to deal him.

In a week(ish), he will be a free agent.

4 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Because 32 isn’t old for a QB in the NFL anymore. The same people that says that it’s too old are the same people who want Cam back and he’s the same age but with a bum arm. 

I’m not saying it’s the best idea, but he fits Reich’s offense and I would rather do that than invest in the 3rd or 4th best QB in a below average draft class. 

I would take my chances with Carr, resign Burns, Bozeman and a couple depth FAs. And use the draft capital on guys like Mayer, Kincaid, Eichenburg, Campbell, Robinson, Johnson, etc.

QBs have never been too old. SB winning QBs average age when they first win the SB is 29. 3 of the first 4 QBs were in their 30s. The last QB to win a SB was in his 30s.

Starr(2), Plunkett(2), Montana(2), Elway(2), Bradshaw(2), P.  Manning(2), Simms(2) and Brady(4) have led teams in multiple SB seasons at 30+. Unitas won a SB at 37.

60% of SBs have been won by QBs who are 29 or older. Only 10 SBs have been won by a  1st round QB under the age of 30 for the team/coach that drafted them. 10 QBs that were 35 years or older have led their team to a SB winning season.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

They can try all they want but the details of that situation are public knowledge. They aren't going to be able to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Carr basically already gave them the finger by not letting them extend the period to deal him.

In a week(ish), he will be a free agent.

I'm prepared for us to make a run at him I guess.

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

I'll do my best to be excited if Levis is our guy & trust the decision made by the new regime. 

My biggest overall issue--he needs to hit the ground running yet correct more than a few things quickly.  That's simply an unsavory combination.

You can only stress/teach poise, field vision, and smart decision-making so much.  Given Levis' tendencies already, he will be a turnover machine if he doesn't correct his pocket awareness and feel as a passer. 

It would be one thing if had high-end accuracy & great deep placement to compliment the release & arm--That would make some of his risky throws worth it, but he just seems reckless just for the sake of being aggressive at times.  Those same traits even come through on his running style with taking too many hits.

Now, I like a QB that's aggressive, but you have to make the most of it.  Because, the next flag is he doesn't necessarily have touch on his long throws when he could feasibly show off the tools he has.  One minute he's skittish, then a long bomb attempt without the best placement, the next he's cool as a cucumber and makes a nice intermediate throw.   

It is just ALL coaching dependent with him.  I can see Daboll, our own Reich, or even Arthur Smith wanting to work with him.  Looking past the tendencies he's developed and want to work with him.  But if he goes to Indy (Coach TBD), HOU, or a spot without a hands-on, QB coachable environment, that could be a disaster. 

He has tendencies he needs to be coached out of and other things he needs to have become second-nature.  He's kind of like Tannehill meets Darnold for me.  In the right environment, could be a totally viable dude, but he needs some big things coached out of him and other things coached up.  

6 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

You really want to compare Carr to Darnold, Mayfield, and Bridgewater? I’m not saying he’s Aaron Rodgers but you are delusional. I’m even willing to bet none of the QBs in this draft have the career he has had. This is a weak QB draft and a lot of you are just QB hungry. 

A39C8CB4-82FD-4B34-9E9A-F493E7633F92.jpeg

He has 1 playoff appearance his entire career.

Elite QB's don't miss the playoffs that many times in their career. Im sorry but Carr would be a waste of time on this team. We need a franchise QB not another castoff aging vet QB. 

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He has 1 playoff appearance his entire career.

Elite QB's don't miss the playoffs that many times in their career. Im sorry but Carr would be a waste of time on this team. We need a franchise QB not another castoff aging vet QB. 

First time SB winning QBs typically have 2 to 3 playoff seasons with 1 win at most before they win the SB.

Playoff experience from the HC, OC, and QBC are more important than the QB. GWD and opening/4/2/1 minute drives are more important for a QB.

Here are the records of the last 10 SB Champion QBs prior to their SB playoff run:

0-3; 0-0; 1-1; 0-1; 0-3; 1-1; 5-4; 0-2; 0-1; 1-2

1 QB had no prior playoff XP

4 QBs had 1 season of playoff XP

2 QBs had 2 seasons of playoff XP

2 QBs had 3 seasons of playoff XP

The record for these 9 SB champion QBs before their SB run is 3-14

The single QB with the most playoff XP and the only winning playoff QB had 4 seasons of playoff XP

Care to take a guess at who this successful QB is?

So, all I want from a QB who is ready and able to win the SB is 1 to 2 playoff appearances.

4 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

First time SB winning QBs typically have 2 to 3 playoff seasons with 1 win at most before they win the SB.

Playoff experience from the HC, OC, and QBC are more important than the QB. GWD and opening/4/2/1 minute drives are more important for a QB.

Here are the records of the last 10 SB Champion QBs prior to their SB playoff run:

0-3; 0-0; 1-1; 0-1; 0-3; 1-1; 5-4; 0-2; 0-1; 1-2

1 QB had no prior playoff XP

4 QBs had 1 season of playoff XP

2 QBs had 2 seasons of playoff XP

2 QBs had 3 seasons of playoff XP

The record for these 9 SB champion QBs before their SB run is 3-14

The single QB with the most playoff XP and the only winning playoff QB had 4 seasons of playoff XP

Care to take a guess at who this successful QB is?

So, all I want from a QB who is ready and able to win the SB is 1 to 2 playoff appearances.

Numbers tell me Derek Carr is not a QB who will take you anywhere. His record speaks for itself.

People acting like this dude is a legit franchise QB is crazy.

And if you think he isn't a franchise QB why are we even pursuing him?

There is no in between either Carr is a franchise QB or he isn't. Numbers and record say he isn't.

• Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 8:08 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Better than the bullsh-t stories you've been trying to spread, especially since I didn't endorse Wilson...or any quarterback from that draft. They all had red flags.

My concern with Wilson was that he might be too fragile.

Lol you were d riding him in the beginning of last year, bragging he was 5-0 lmao