• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The last 7 SuperBowl Champions

ncfan

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

But Frank Reich coming in, he doesn't need to prove anything right away, and losing future picks on a QB who busts would haunt him the rest of his tenure. So if this regime makes the move, it betrays a confidence and certainty in the guy they're going after that any fan would be a fool not to celebrate.

That's pretty much it. Exactly what I think. If he does trade up in his first CAR draft then he obviously has supreme confidence in that prospect. 

To potentially lose anywhere from three to six draft picks on a player your not 100% confident in would be insane. Esp for a "new" coach and staff coming in. 

It's also why I don't think we'd trade up for AR. If anything we'd trade down for him. Too much risk. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

only 1 winner out of 7 had a offense Outside the top 5 (last years Rams 7th overall)

only 1 winner the last 7 years had a top 5 defense.

There are 32 teams in the NFL. Half of 32 is 16. According to your data, if interpreted literally, every team on this list finished in the top half of the league in points allowed. So defensive performsnce is still important.

You don't have to be great in all 3 phases of the pro game (O, D, ST), but you need to be good in all 3. If you're bad in any of them you won't win a championship.

8 hours ago, Captroop said:

Why trade up? None of those teams had a QB they took with a top 5 pick.

I agree with the premise we have to find a franchise QB. But the lesson from that list is you either 1) Trade for a proven star or 2) get lucky with your pick. Hell, even Mahomes could have been gotten with the #9 pick.

bc we need all odds possible

the GM Rhule hired is calling the shots. let that sink in.

14 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

That's pretty much it. Exactly what I think. If he does trade up in his first CAR draft then he obviously has supreme confidence in that prospect. 

To potentially lose anywhere from three to six draft picks on a player your not 100% confident in would be insane. Esp for a "new" coach and staff coming in. 

It's also why I don't think we'd trade up for AR. If anything we'd trade down for him. Too much risk. 

Trading down makes more sense.

3 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Trading down makes more sense.

In theory I agree. We could use the extra picks. But, that can be risky. Take a look at this link below in regards to Anthony Richardson. He's rated #3 on this list. This site and a couple of other feel he may be the QB with the highest upside in the 2023 draft.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023-nfl-draft-top-10-quarterbacks/

If the first two guys are gone (Stroud and Young), and Anthony is sitting there at #9, you have to take him "IF" the coaching staff believes they can win with him. If you trade back you run the risk of having someone steal him from you before you're up again. I could live with that depending on the position, but not QB.

If we took Richardson and he pans out we're set for the rest of the decade at QB. We'd still have the following:

— our second-rounder

— San Francisco's second-rounder

— San Francisco's third-rounder

— Our fourth-rounder

— San Francisco's fourth-rounder

— Our fifth-rounder

We should come out of this draft with at minimum 3 starters after the 9th pick in the first round.

Worst case scenario, he bombs. In 2024 we go after another guy in the first round and move up if we have to.