• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: What do you want Panthers to do for QB?

NAS

What do you want Panthers to do this offseason?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want Panthers to do regarding QB situation this offseason

• Draft best available QB at current draft position (#9)
    • Trade up with Bears (#1) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Trade up with Cardinals (#3) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Sign Derek Carr and draft best available player at #9
    • Trade for Lamar Jackson, fully guaranteed contract (Watson like trade)

Sign Carr, take the BPA at #9 (or trade down) and hope that Richardson is there at #39 so you can groom him for 2 years. 

We need to come out of this Draft with another receiving threat to compliment Moore / Marshall and another pass rushing threat - I assume we're going to a 3-4.

15 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

It REALLY depends on free agency. How well can the team add kep components and weapons via free agency. There isn't a lot of money to work with, but they certainly can add with a few Shrewd moves. 

I really don't feel any QB in this draft is worth trading up to 3 or above for. 

If they want to compete this season, which I absolutely believe they want to, then they will aquire a competent veteran QB, and add talent through the draft. 

If one of the top 4 QBs is there at 9, I really won't be upset if they draft him. If they go the veteran QBBroute, then they absolutely have to add weapons and talent to both sides of the ball. 

I do trust in this staff.  So whatever they decide to do, I'm going to be cheering them on. 

A Top 10 pick has to be a sure thing in my book.

None of these QBs are sure things, but you risk it for Stroud if he falls (he won't).

Young is the best QB in this Draft, but he's literally smaller than Murray. Levis I don't get the hype about at all and Richardson needs to sit at least a year.

58 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Lol

I mean, why laugh? The next QB draft is looking like it's going to be better. 

I mean, honestly, I'll take Minshew over Carr straight up, if we're going to go that route. He'll command a whole lot less for probably similar if not better results.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I mean, why laugh? The next QB draft is looking like it's going to be better. 

I mean, honestly, I'll take Minshew over Carr straight up, if we're going to go that route. He'll command a whole lot less for probably similar if not better results.

There are no certainty about the class next year.  Kicking the can down the road just wastes seasons and valuable contracts

On 2/15/2023 at 9:24 AM, t96 said:

Sign Carr as bridge. Get Stroud or Young (ideally Stroud) even if it means trading up.

I don’t understand this thinking at all.. I think some of you are thinking Carr is a 10 to 15 million dollar QB and he isn’t.. If you get Carr you’re paying 30mil + .. So no benefit of a rookie Qb on a rookie deal to put more pieces on the team.. You’re not signing Carr and trading up for a QB.. Just no..

On 2/15/2023 at 1:03 PM, Eric4280 said:

Staying put for Levis/AR> trading for Bryce >trading for Stroud.

Renner has stroud organically falling to us at 9, which I’ll take. Can’t kill our future for a trade we probably don’t have to make.

I don’t think you’re killing the future by trading up for your franchise QB.. jmo

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Your opinion.. I think 2 of these guys are just as good as Burrows and he was a difference maker right??

Once again, that’s also your opinion. I feel like we shouldn’t move future capital investments for a qb similar caliber we can likely wait on. I watch bengals games as much as I watch Panthers games, Burrow without Chase isn’t the burrow we see now. Not taking away from Burrow but Batman needs his Robin and I don’t think our team has the personnel to do what CIN did. Unless we expect DJM to jump into elite ranks.

1 minute ago, Eric4280 said:

Once again, that’s also your opinion. I feel like we shouldn’t move future capital investments for a qb similar caliber we can likely wait on. I watch bengals games as much as I watch Panthers games, Burrow without Chase isn’t the burrow we see now. Not taking away from Burrow but Batman needs his Robin and I don’t think our team has the personnel to do what CIN did. Unless we expect DJM to jump into elite ranks.

Dude.  With our without chase Burrow is an animal 

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Dude.  With our without chase Burrow is an animal 

Where is our Boyd or Higgins? Assuming any of these two guys is Burrow, we’re just gonna say Stroud and Bryce are Burrow?

Also stop putting words in my mouth, Stroud or Bryce with this current crew of WR is gonna be equivalent of Burrow with his stable?

Just now, Eric4280 said:

Future capital don’t mean crap if you don’t have the most important position on the field.. I don’t know what game you watched but Burrows went 3-1 without Chase this year.. A beat down on us being 1 of those games.. Burrows has proven with or without Chase he is a difference maker.. And Jmo you’re not getting the same quality player after the top 2.. So you can wait and hope somebody can develop into that guy.. Which with this new staff might work.. But I’d rather trade up and get that guy who has already shown they are at that level.. again Just my opinion l…