• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wrong...again.

I don't "want" Carr so much as I'm okay with the idea of us signing him...and equally okay if we go in a different direction because I think our current leadership Is trustworthy (I've said as much multiple times).

The nuance you miss (one of many) as far as the situation though is that it's not as simple as "I want this guy" or "I want that guy". When looking at acquiring a particular player, GMs and coaches have to look at things like injury history (and probability), cost and other factors.

They don't just say "Well, he won MVP four years ago so let's give up ten picks to get him", at least not if they're smart.

As mentioned, you have something you want to see happen and you filter every single thing through that lens. Quick hint: that kind of filter has a really nasty habit of distorting things. Hence why you keep saying things that multiple people have told you are off the mark or inconsistent.

Prime example: Your suggestion that getting fired automatically proves you're bad. You say that because of Carr, but miss the fact that in doing so you're also saying the same thing about our head coach. And that's just one example, again, of many.

Hence why I've tried a couple of times to tell you that you need to cool it on acting like you know more than others when you pretty clearly demonstrated that you don't.

As mentioned before, It's okay to not know things...but when you don't and claim you do, well... 🙄

My man you're the only one who keeps mentioning "MVP"

Go look at your comments everytime you comment you bring up MVP. How about just stop mentioning it and just admit Lamar is just a better QB.

It's kind of hard to take people serious when they think Carr vs Lamar is a debate. Go troll Top Dawg because im not going to entertain your nonsense.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My man you're the only one who keeps mentioning "MVP"

Go look at your comments everytime you comment you bring up MVP. How about just stop mentioning it and just admit Lamar is just a better QB.

It's kind of hard to take people serious when they think Carr vs Lamar is a debate. Go troll Top Dawg because im not going to entertain your nonsense.

The jokes just write themselves 😄

(he's not gonna get that statement but hey...) 😐

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah...I'm not even sure you know what that gif means, but It's probably not the flex you're hoping it to be.

Keep trying, dude 🙂

Edited by Mr. Scot

6 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Add the cost in there and ask them the same question.  Jokes on you. 

It really is not very different than a capital investment decision.  Project A improves departmental productivity by 5%.  Project B improves departmental productivity by 10%.  Senior management will approve (sign) only one of the two projects (QBs); which project do you propose to management?  So, Project B is the obvious answer because it has twice the productivity gain of Project A, right?  Well, no, not really.

Project A implemented will cost $100K but has a two-year payback.  Project B implemented will cost $500K and has a ten-year payback.  You will choose Project A, as it has a higher IRR, faster payback and lower initial capital investment; it's a lower risk, higher return project.  Senior management will choose Project A every time, and they are right to do so.

Now do the same analysis with Lamar and Carr, using expected output, contract amount, draft picks surrendered and likely maintenance interval (injuries, not available to play).  Expected performance is never independent of cost of acquisition and risk of failure.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

So The 33rd Team posted a graphic comparing the Jets leading passer rating over the last several seasons to Carr's rating that same year.

Carr wins nearly every comparison (including three over Darnold) but check out the lone guy that beat him...

He looks familiar 😆

Edited by Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So The 33rd Team posted a graphic comparing the Jets leading passer rating over the last several seasons to Carr's rating that same year.

Carr wins nearly every comparison (including three over Darnold) but check out the lone guy that beat him...

He looks familiar 😆

Well, let’s suit him up!  If Brady…

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

No thanks

Setting aside whether you want him here or not, the comment that it's fair market for a good vet is probably true.

We signed Bridgewater for around 20 million if I remember right. That was fair for a veteran at the time. With inflation and the cap going up, 35 is probably a good figure now.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Setting aside whether you want him here or not, the comment that it's fair market for a good vet is probably true.

We signed Bridgewater for around 20 million if I remember right. That was fair for a veteran at the time. With inflation and the cap going up, 35 is probably a good figure now.

Rhule and Hurney paid Teddy $20M. He's averaged like $7M per year for every other year. I know Carr/Jones/Jimmy G want 35-40 but I just don't think they're that much better than Teddy/Minshew/Brissett types that will play for under 10. 

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Rhule and Hurney paid Teddy $20M. He's averaged like $7M per year for every other year. I know Carr/Jones/Jimmy G want 35-40 but I just don't think they're that much better than Teddy/Minshew/Brissett types that will play for under 10. 

Granted, you have to evaluate the veteran properly and we didn't have the people who could do that.

I think we do now.

• Beer 1