• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Are you referring to that Leaky Faucet poster?  I don't think he was wrong.  I am sure our staff was going to meet with Carr like he suggested to get an idea of how cheap we could sign him for before going all in on trading up.  He was pretty clear about IF they are good on the price then we would bring him in to Charlotte.  It just wasn't a priority to us.

We had real reporters saying we were just kicking the tires, everyone knew that.

Just now, Krovvy said:

We had real reporters saying we were just kicking the tires, everyone knew that.

Kicking the tires would require us to have a talk with him, which is really all he said.  IF we liked his asking price then we would make an offer.  I don't think he was implying we were very serious, just giving us a timeline of everything...  I think the meeting we had scheduled was a real one.  

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Jimmy we are on good terms. Why ruffle the feather again?

Haha don't take anything too seriously on here.  It's all in good fun!  We both want CJ right??  Let's hope it happens and we will both be even more excited for the season!!!

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Kicking the tires would require us to have a talk with him, which is really all he said.  IF we liked his asking price then we would make an offer.  I don't think he was implying we were very serious, just giving us a timeline of everything...  I think the meeting we had scheduled was a real one.  

Okay, so he was 'right' because he didn't say anything and read tea leaves from actual reporters.

2 hours ago, Krovvy said:

Yeah, I mean, he was completely wrong. One guy from here gets it completely wrong, while another person leaking information here got it right. For some reason the guy on a fresh ALT was to be believed, but the other member that had already been dead on with his coaching leaks was ignored?

The guy was wrong and was so unsure about their 'leaks' they needed to make a fresh ALT. 🤷‍♀️ 

Not sure who you're referring to, but @Leaky_Faucet hasn't been wrong about anything yet.

They said we'd be calling Carr today to talk money. That was the plan. Fitterer himself said so at his combine presser. We never got the chance though because the Saints sealed the deal last night and early this morning.

Our other recent insider went by The Crown and the Claw, I think. They predicted that Jeff Nixon was going to be the tight end coach. Turned out to be wrong, but they said afterwards that things changed. It happens. To my knowledge, they never said anything about Carr either way.

On a related note, it's kind of nice to have some insiders around here again so I'm sure many of us would appreciate if guys wouldn't be a--holes and run them off like has happened several times before.

(unfortunately, this thread makes me think that might be too much to ask) 🙄

Edited by Mr. Scot

19 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Mike Kaye, Joe Person and others confirmed that our interest was real. The only reporter I've seen say that we weren't that interested was David Newton.

(not sure that's who I'd want to stake my reputation to)

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Mike Kaye, Joe Person and others confirmed that our interest was real. The only reporter I've seen say that we weren't that interested was David Newton.

(not sure that's who I'd want to stake my reputation to)

I mean, let's say it was only David Newton. He was still right.

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

No, that's what you do. 

I offered opinions based on what makes sense and actual human nature. I also actually give an opinion, but I'm open to things going differently. 

You? You just state some report, and then act like it's your opinion. You wouldn't know human nature if she popped you upside your noggin, so maybe you should just stick to facts which is essentially the fact that someone wrote something that you agree with. There's nothing wrong with that. Just stay out of my lane because I actually enjoy football discussion that is more interesting.

Yeah, that doesn't even make any sense.

I get why you want people to think you're right, but you're not. And I'm afraid you're supposed acknowledge of human nature doesn't, and never will, trump reports from actual sources.

However, since it also sounds like you're on the verge of going off on another emotionally unhinged rant, I'll just leave it here.