• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Tight End question

Mr. Scot

20 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The most for the least is the correct answer.

The Panthers most productive TEs in the team's history weren't drafted by them.

Just sayin'

I was going to say that we need to draft one, but you make a good argument here.

That new TE coach we snagged though has some connections to the draft this year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a reuniting moment.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Ebron is desperately trying to play here. May be worth kicking the tires on him, he is a solid vet and has experience with Reich.

When I think of Ebron, I think of a guy who drops easy passes when they are most needed....Maybe not fair, but I can't get that out of my head.

What is he, about 30?

Edited by MHS831

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

When I think of Ebron, I think of a guy who drops easy passes when they are most needed....Maybe not fair, but I can't get that out of my head.

I have no idea what happened to Ebron in the NFL. Dude was a beast in college. It'd be one thing if he just didn't translate in that he wasn't able to get open, etc. But it was like he just forgot how to play football on the NFL despite his athleticism clearly translating. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

I was going to say that we need to draft one, but you make a good argument here.

That new TE coach we snagged though has some connections to the draft this year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a reuniting moment.

What connections are those? UNC or Tennessee doesn't have a draftable TE in this year's draft. Anyone he coached at UGA is long gone and it's a completely new coaching staff from when he was there nearly a decade ago.

With that said, Darnell Washington is my Anthony Richardson of TEs this year. Super intriguing talent.

• Poo 1

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have no idea what happened to Ebron in the NFL. Dude was a beast in college. It'd be one thing if he just didn't translate in that he wasn't able to get open, etc. But it was like he just forgot how to play football on the NFL despite his athleticism clearly translating. 

He still had triple the production of anyone we've had at TE since Greg left. 2020 he still put up 558 yards and 5 tds in a rotation. Not saying it would be groundbreaking but if he comes on a vet min he could definitely beat out a least one of the 4 bums Rhule and McAdoo were rotating. Maybe even teach Tremble a thing or two

I'd be fine with Ebron for situational purposes and a vet presence that could help bring along Tremble. Honestly we know what Ian can do and he isnt going to be here the remainder of his contract unless he realizes as close to the ceiling of what we saw year 1 as possible. As much as I'm hearing this draft class overall is substantially weaker than years past i do see a good 4-5 TEs available that are rated better than a lot of years past TEs so it seems at least to the naked eye this position group is a strength. I would love if we could get any of Mayer, Musgrove, Kincaid, LaPorta, Washington to name a few. If we do not I hope we can lure either Schultz, Engram or Gesicki here as an alternative. The price will be significantly higher but with how Reich values TE play, Brown being recently a TE coach and getting the most out of a not so great TE room in LA and Lilly coming in and seeing what he has done to bring along Nesbit I feel we will put more emphasis on bringing together this position group than years past. 

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What connections are those? UNC or Tennessee doesn't have a draftable TE in this year's draft. Anyone he coached at UGA is long gone and it's a completely new coaching staff from when he was there nearly a decade ago.

With that said, Darnell Washington is my Anthony Richardson of TEs this year. Super intriguing talent.

I could have very well have been wrong about that. So many names swirling around from so many different programs. 

8 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I could have very well have been wrong about that. So many names swirling around from so many different programs. 

It's not out of the question that he still has connections within the UGA program somewhere. Hopefully he does because Washington would make for an intriguing potential 2nd round target.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1