• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

‘Draft Qb. Panthers can own the South’ Dan O.

raleigh-panther

9 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I could see this QB class mirroring the 2014 QB draft class.

Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel and Teddy Bridgewater in the first, Garropolo in the second. And those are the highlights...

Remember how much hype there was over Bortles and Manziel? Woof. Yeah, it could be that year again. Heck, 2022 could have been that year for all we know.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel and Teddy Bridgewater in the first, Garropolo in the second. And those are the highlights...

Remember how much hype there was over Bortles and Manziel? Woof. Yeah, it could be that year again. Heck, 2022 could have been that year for all we know.

There isn't a AR comp, but Levis--> Bortles (strong arm, prototypical size) Young-->Manziel (undersized, athletic, moxy). Stroud-->Bridgewater (checks all the boxes). 

You left our Carr too, he and Jimmy G. were my main point.  Two second rounders ended up saving that entire draft class.  Hooker could end up being like Carr from this class as the the most accomplished when all said and done.  Probably another day 2 or day 3 QB will trend like Jimmy G.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

There isn't a AR comp, but Levis--> Bortles (strong arm, prototypical size) Young-->Manziel (undersized, athletic, moxy). Stroud-->Bridgewater (checks all the boxes). 

You left our Carr too, he and Jimmy G. were my main point.  Two second rounders ended up saving that entire draft class.  Hooker could end up being like Carr from this class as the the most accomplished when all said and done.  Probably another day 2 or day 3 QB will trend like Jimmy G.

I completely missed Carr and he's an important one. He's a case of probably a very, very good QB who just ended up stuck on bad teams with coaches who couldn't develop QBs. Jimmy G. ended up in the opposite situation with excellent coaching but stuck behind good or legendary QBs.

And this may well be that kind of draft with the best guys being relegated to the second or third echelon. There are steals to be found.  

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Being the best at cheating certainly helps as well 

After the Bradburry holding call, the next day Rob Nincovich was saying how Belicheat thought of everything and Eagles coach needed to be smarter. He said that's why our DBs wore white gloves if we were playing a team with white jerseys. Ryan Clark yelled out leave it to a Patriots player to tell us how you should cheat better!🤣

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

After the Bradburry holding call, the next day Rob Nincovich was saying how Belicheat thought of everything and Eagles coach needed to be smarter. He said that's why our DBs wore white gloves if we were playing a team with white jerseys. Ryan Clark yelled out leave it to a Patriots player to tell us how you should cheat better!🤣

As an old Nascar saying goes, " If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'. I think Bill is an old Nascar fan.