• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much is too much to trade?

ncfan

4 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Lol some of you guys kill me. I get the point of being conservative but after witnessing the QB hell we have been in, you can’t seriously suggest that giving up a future 1st as being insane. You miss out on players like Vernon Butler and don’t blink an eye, but act like it will cripple the franchise forever if we risk a future first to get a possible franchise QB. I take that risk all day every day when you have a roster set up like we do right now. Our young core has a two year window before the big contracts come up and if you can build that around your rookie QB pay, it’s a thing of beauty and sets you up to be able to compete for a Super Bowl.

Yeah, if you think a guy is a franchise QB giving up next year's first isn't THAT bad. It's when we start talking about giving up multiple future firsts that I start getting uncomfortable.

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, MHS831 said:
  • 4.  Levis' cannon was about average when put on the radar gun.  Maybe the rest of him is overrated too.  Not a fan.
  •  

4. Levis B- (Seems like a dick to me--but he has the skills, just not the resume.  Could play sooner than AR-15, just not as well when he does)

The scrutiny is puzzling to me.

Point 1- Around "average when put on a radar gun" See below:

Point 2: Seems like a dick: The first thing he does is compliment the players that came out for the workout, thanks them and talks about how he hopes good things for them. Then he talks about how great Sam Burrow is and what he wants to work on to improve.

https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyFootball/videos/will-levis-nfl-combine-workout-interview/926408235016210/

Meanwhile, AR (Who I really like) comes out and says he has a better arm than when Cam Newton came out.....

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, if you think a guy is a franchise QB giving up next year's first isn't THAT bad. It's when we start talking about giving up multiple future firsts that I start getting uncomfortable.

I am in the same boat but if we dont sign carr you can bet your ass its going to happen.  I was all in on the stay at 9 and see what happens train but I doubt this team is going to be patient after yesterday.  I mean all 3 dudes looked good in one form or another.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's conducting himself as of he's a lock to go #1. Hell, who knows? Maybe he is.

These players dont make these decisions without someone guiding them. He is being consulted on how to carry himself into the draft process. Its naive to think he is making all of these decisions on his own. As a passer he is the best in this draft.

Edited by TheCasillas

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Then what do you do next year? I think teams are going to be very aggressive this year because there's good QBs available and deals to potentially be made. I think they're all working under the assumption that Drake Maye and Caleb Williams are the top two picks next year and there's gonna be no trading for those picks.

And Williams will more than likely be in Tampa, sadly.

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

These players dont make these decisions without someone guiding them. He is being consulted on how to carry himself into the draft process. Its naive to think he is making all of these decisions on his own. As a passer he is the best in this draft.

I'm not saying he's making the decision himself. I'm saying he's conducting himself as if he's a lock to go #1. Yeah, he has an agent and other handlers in his ear telling him how to navigate this process. Everyone realizes that.

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think stroud took that title yesterday and its probably not close.  Kid was electric throwing the ball

I think Stroud's performance against UGA and his throwing at the Combine have certainly created a conversation. It definitely wouldn't surprise me if some NFL teams had him #1.