• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brinson basically calls "collusion," but essentially says it's nearly impossible to prove

top dawg

4 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I think the is more so teams not wanting to do work for Ravens. Even if a team comes out an offers a massive contract to Jackson, it's more likely than not that the Ravens will match the sheet and it will be for not. It's not like this is the first time something like that has happened.

That's an interesting angle. 

I'd throw in that I would be willing to bet a pretty significant amount of money that at some point (maybe several points) along the way, someone from the Players Association has probably looked at Jackson and said "You know Lamar, this whole process would probably go a whole lot smoother if you'd hire an agent" 😕

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

I can see where Brinson is coming from. I could see collusion.

Yikes at the panthers being an irrelevant franchise. Shannon called us worse this morning. Stings as a fan, but there’s truth to it. 

Maybe he should be asking why the NFL allowed an up and coming superstar to be the target of multiple uncalled head shots and why he wasn't old enough to get the call. 

• Flames 1

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

Maybe he should be asking why the NFL allowed an up and coming superstar to be the target of multiple uncalled head shots and why he wasn't old enough to get the call. 

Who is this question directed to? Brinson?

I’ve got those same questions on why was it allowed.

To this thread late, but I say GOOD for the GMs if true. You don't become a success in the business world by not being careful with your money. Contracts are getting higher and higher ... and there's no reason they should. You keep letting players ask for more and giving them it, they're just going to go higher and higher. I'm mostly joking, but maybe not, that we'll see sports first billion dollar athlete in our lifetime. I mean, we're already half way there.

How much would you pay Mahomes? 600? 700? Hell, we already have people in here upset that the Giants gave DJ so much lol.

4 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Im so over these outrage articles that are written because someone the writer likes doesnt get what they want. What basis does this writer have that we havent even checked in on Lamars demands? I thought it was reported we had already looked into it. If I had as much money as Tepper, Id file for defamation after the companies accusing me of collusion and the ones that were calling me racist for not hiring Wilks.

I want Lamar myself, but understand if we dont pursue him. Everyone has just lost all sense of logic. Media gets mad when they are called out, always stating they only report truth. Bullshit. They cause illogical outrage and then act innocent. 

100 percent this.

6 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Im so over these outrage articles that are written because someone the writer likes doesnt get what they want. What basis does this writer have that we havent even checked in on Lamars demands? I thought it was reported we had already looked into it. If I had as much money as Tepper, Id file for defamation after the companies accusing me of collusion and the ones that were calling me racist for not hiring Wilks.

I want Lamar myself, but understand if we dont pursue him. Everyone has just lost all sense of logic. Media gets mad when they are called out, always stating they only report truth. Bullshit. They cause illogical outrage and then act innocent. 

And open himself up to discovery? Not going to happen lol

3 hours ago, AggieLean said:

I can see where Brinson is coming from. I could see collusion.

Yikes at the panthers being an irrelevant franchise. Shannon called us worse this morning. Stings as a fan, but there’s truth to it. 

Who cares what talking heads say.  The league changes every year.  The bengals were irrelevant for years until they werent.  There are a couple of teams that go from bad to really good basically every season.  Then those same guys that cried that a team is irrelevant is then all over them.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Who cares what talking heads say.  The league changes every year.  The bengals were irrelevant for years until they werent.  There are a couple of teams that go from bad to really good basically every season.  Then those same guys that cried that a team is irrelevant is then all over them.

Pretty much. Gregg Rosenthal called us "a lousy franchise" that was gonna have a lousy year just prior to the 2015 season 😄

The same talking heads that call us irrelevant one week will talk glowingly of us the next if we make a move they like.

It's not their job to be consistent on a team like us.