• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st for Stroud

razorwolf

58 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I know you guys won’t believe me, but I’ve got a feeling the Bears might be interested in trading the #1 pick. You heard it here first.

Wrong, you don’t know what you’re talking about. They’re either going select someone with the first pick or trade down.  And if you’re mad about it, don’t be, it’s just my opinion!

2 hours ago, PantherKyle said:

Obviously sources can be wrong, but worries me Kunkel said

Young

Levis

gap

Stroud

for us

Kunkle 2-3 weeks ago said Stroud was the only QB in this class worth trading up for.

And also in those rankings.  Went on to elaborate that’s who he thinks.  Also going on to say “watch the Film” and “he throws to wide open WRs”

meanwhile you can go to the handy YouTube and look up CJ Stroud and McCown.  There’s physical Video evidence of our QB COACH doing a film breakdown almost 2 months before even being employed by us.  And out of his own mouth, contradicts what Kunkle says about Stroud and why he’s not the fit as the other guys.

• Pie 1

I trust Kunkel about as much as NFLRumors. 

How the hell anyone can look at the tape, stats and the combine workouts and put a gap betwen Levis and Stroud that favors Levis is full of poo. 

You're drafting Levis based on a coaching staff correcting footwork and mechanics and tapping into his physical prowess and upside....at 25 years old. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I trust Kunkel about as much as NFLRumors. 

How the hell anyone can look at the tape, stats and the combine workouts and put a gap betwen Levis and Stroud that favors Levis is full of poo. 

You're drafting Levis based on a coaching staff correcting footwork and mechanics and tapping into his physical prowess and upside....at 25 years old. 

I mean who do you really trust more? 
kunkle- you have to watch the film.  He’s always just throwing to Wiiide open WRs

OR

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not what he said...

The gap was between the top three and Anthony Richardson.

He also said Levi’s and Young “fit the panthers”. 
then noted Stroud behind them.  Using “Stroud throws to open WRs etc etc”

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Did he somewhere say Stroud doesn't fit the Panthers?

Starting 7:15 of that podcast in the middle of those QBs.  And specifically notes that Young and Levis “fit” us.  Then breaks the QBs down.  And points out the stuff Stroud then again Notes Young and Levis “fit” us.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/panthers-on-tap/id1552317359?i=1000603255755

Edited by ncfan

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Starting 7:15 of that podcast in the middle of those QBs.  And specifically notes that Young and Levis “fit” us.  Then breaks the QBs down.  And points out the stuff Stroud then again Notes Young and Levis “fit” us.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/panthers-on-tap/id1552317359?i=1000603255755

I'll listen for the context but that doesn't sound like a knock.

I know he and his colleagues have been pretty complimentary of Stroud before.

I don’t really have a problem with Bryce Young! But Young would need to get in the weight room with a good trainer and nutritionist to bulk up probably another 15 lbs. But I know that doesn’t mean he’d have anymore durability. Between Levis and Richardson it’s front office personnel team preference, but Richardson did blow everyone away. But Levis and Richardson is disadvantaged because the talent around them was lacking compared to Young and Stroud!