• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Kunkel says we're only "seriously interested" in three

top dawg

Just now, Krovvy said:

Okay, so this is about the random no name ALT account that predicted we were seriously interested in Carr, meanwhile everyone else was saying we were 'kicking the tires' or 'doing due diligence'.

Anyway, back to Will Kunkel.

Its insanity.   And the fact that scot can not look at things intelligently and see things for what they are is telling.  All the signs were there but leaky said otherwise. 

In regards to prospects and how the panthers have them ranked, do you think any of the supposed insiders Newton, Kunkle, Verge, Person etc have a fuging clue what the thought process is 3 days after the combine?  You really think someone is leaking accurate info to anyone?   Goddamn if you believe that

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The dude dropped AR15 as a nickname, yet it seems people still didn't get the memo.

I thought it was incredibly mature at the time for a 20 yr old to understand the need to change that.  I am sure a lot of other players might have leaned into it. 

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 3

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Its insanity.   And the fact that scot can not look at things intelligently and see things for what they are is telling.  All the signs were there but leaky said otherwise. 

In regards to prospects and how the panthers have them ranked, do you think any of the supposed insiders Newton, Kunkle, Verge, Person etc have a fuging clue what the thought process is 3 days after the combine?  You really think someone is leaking accurate info to anyone?   Goddamn if you believe that

The sad thing is it's entirely possible that Richardson isn't on the Panthers board or is a distant fourth. It's just ridiculous that some random reporter has the scoop this far out from draft when smoke, obscuration, and performative actions are taken daily to maximize a team's ability to get their top target(s).

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I hope he's right. I hope there are three QBs we'd love to have. That means we can go to #3 instead of #1. It still won't be cheap but hopefully considerably cheaper than #1.

If there are 3 QBs that we'd love to have then we're screwed.

All 3 (4) won't pan out - if we're unable to separate the wheat from the chaff then it's blind luck if we pick 1 that actually has a successful career.

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

The sad thing is it's entirely possible that Richardson isn't on the Panthers board or is a distant fourth. It's just ridiculous that some random reporter has the scoop this far out from draft when smoke, obscuration, and performative actions are taken daily to maximize a team's ability to get their top target(s).

Or its incredibly possible he is at the top but yeah like you say its pretty dumb for a random dude to try and get points for saying that

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

All 3 (4) won't pan out - if we're unable to separate the wheat from the chaff then it's blind luck if we pick 1 that actually has a successful career.

Again, 3 is speculation as well. If, if accurate it still doesn't mean that all 3 are in the fab 4.

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Yeah, it's possible. All four of them have problems, and I wouldn't say any are a sure thing. Stroud and Young are the top two, and if it wasn't for the Peach Bowl I don't know if I would have rated Stroud as the second best.

If we get Young, I hope the league protects him. If we get Stroud, I hope we get the play making Peach Bowl gamer that wasn't afraid to make plays instead of just making throws. If we get Richardson I hope he can learn to fix his lower body mechanics and get better overall making reads. If we end up with Levis I pray that I've been completely wrong about his vision and processing.

Edited by Krovvy
  • Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Okay, so this is about the random no name ALT account that predicted we were seriously interested in Carr, meanwhile everyone else was saying we were 'kicking the tires' or 'doing due diligence'.

Anyway, back to Will Kunkel.

It's a bigger discussion than Kunkel, but I don't think you're getting the larger point.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It's a bigger discussion than Kunkel, but I don't think you're getting the larger point.

That nebulous predictions can be both true and false, especially when stated in a speculative way?

I understand, I just don't care for it. I'm not going to give brownie points, followers, to that type of reporting.

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Major irony here, dude. But again, you're not gonna get it. Your view of things is a little too simplistic for that.

Kunkle in the last month has said

- this isn’t a good QB class

- there isn’t a QB worth trading for

- CJ Stroud is the only Good QB in this class but won’t be able to trade high enough for him after the Georgia game

- panthers would rather just take Carr than pay to go up.

to now

- they’ll try to trade to 1

And now

-Bryce Young and Levis are the 2 who fit this team.  Then going on there’s a gap between those and Stroud.  Saying you have to watch the film on Stroud.  And the Georgia game was his only good game.  And he was just throwing to Wide open WRs all the time

he’s literally the Skip Bayless “hot take” artist of the Panthers best writers

remember his whole stunt last year to promote himself.  Going all over the radio and Twitter stating Huge Breaking News that’s going to have Panthers fans excited that was going to be announced on his show.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

That nebulous predictions can be both true and false, especially when stated in a speculative way?

I understand, I just don't care for it. I'm not going to give brownie points, followers, to that type of reporting.

I really don't think you do.

You're looking for a "gotcha", something you can use to discredit somebody. Maybe that makes you feel more self-assured. I don't know.

It's consistent with the way a lot of sports talk is these days, though. And honestly for me, that's a shame.

I wind up feeling like I'm trying to have a Greg Olsen style discussion in a Jim Rome world.

Edited by Mr. Scot