• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legal Tampering Period Opens Today

Smithers

6 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Darin Gantt with some good info in his new article.

- team has had discussions with PK Eddy Pineiro 

- potential interest in DE Henry Anderson coming back 

Fug that. Give me Zane Gonzales back. Don't trust Eddy in clutch moments for sh*t.

I'm not a big fan of re-signing Foreman.  Not totally against it because I get it, but I don't think he's anything special and I would rather have a more explosive lead back.  Not to mention he's not much of a threat in the passing game.  

Will be interesting to see the numbers. 

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Eh, Purdy didn't take over until about 3/4 of the way through the season after Jimmy G. did all the heavy lifting.  He would get an asterisk from me. Wilson has been such a tool lately, I totally blocked him out, lol!   Wilson, Big Ben and Purdy*.  Looooong list indeed. 😀

Add Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson, and RG3. Before you asterisk jackson for only starting half the season, they won 6 out of the 7 games he started vs Flacco who was 4-5.

And while they didn’t win their division, mac jones, luck, Andy Dalton, mark Sanchez, joe Flacco, and Matt Ryan all made the playoffs in year 1.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

A veteran TE is a rookie QBs best friend.  It would be malpractice to draft a QB and give him our current QB room and/or a rookie TE.  I agree, we need to draft a TE, but that doesn't mean we stay away from the position in FA.  Stating the obvious, FA comes before the draft and we can't risk not being in the right spot to draft a TE and miss out entirely.  We don't need to blow a ton of money, a middling guy would suffice.

And TE is a free agent signing that does not break the bank. 

• Pie 1

I like it, another Jericho Cotchery type.  The price has to be right though.  He's solid, but not worth breaking the bank to acquire.

I read somewhere that he is looking for coin--knows the FA market is crap, I suppose.

• Pie 1

Name rookie QBs that have won their division.  I'll wait.  That's a lot of research for such a small list....if you can call it a list.  Let's not go back to the before the 90's, just the past 30-ish years to save you some time.

I realize he was not the starter until he was the starter, but this is the reason Mr. Irrelevant was so impressive this year.  He actually won his first playoff game.  In the playoffs historically, rookie QBs are .355 win percentage, and no rookie has ever taken a team to a Super Bowl.

(I should read ahead before posting)

Edited by MHS831

8 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Add Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson, and RG3. Before you asterisk jackson for only starting half the season, they won 6 out of the 7 games he started vs Flacco who was 4-5.

And while they didn’t win their division, mac jones, luck, Andy Dalton, mark Sanchez, joe Flacco, and Matt Ryan all made the playoffs in year 1.

Good digging!  We won't likely get a Wildcard, though.  In order to make the playoffs we'd have to win the division outright.  The East will earn one, if not two, the West one and potentially one out of the North.  It would be tough.

3 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Brissett makes the most sense to me.  He's worked with Reich before and has shown in the past he understands his role on the team, which is perfect to pair with a rookie QB.  Not to mention if the rookie isn't ready to start right away, Brissett is a capable starter.  Not great but serviceable.  

• Pie 2