• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More from Albert Breer

Mr. Scot

Just now, Pantherzilla91 said:

Anyone who watches the tape and thinks Levis is better than Stroud or Young has no business being in the NFL

So if that's who they pick, you're going to tell me that you're smarter than they are?

Do you have any head coaching interviews lined up anytime soon?

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd just say that my opinion of myself is not so high that I would bail on our professional staff of quarterback whisperers just because they didn't take the guy I thought they should take.

Blindly following a staff that has yet to prove themselves as QB whisperers is also kinda dumb. They have done nothing right now to prove they are what you and some people think they are. If they draft Levis or AR people have every right to be pissed off. But if in the end they actually make Levis or AR into a franchise QB then I will gladly admit I am wrong. 

People need to stop giving so much trust to a coaching staff that hasn't earned it. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

So if that's who they pick, you're going to tell me that you're smarter than they are?

Do you have any head coaching interviews lined up anytime soon?

Trading up to the #1 pick and getting the fans all excited thinking we're getting Stroud or Young only to trade down and get Levis? Good luck selling that to the fan base

13 minutes ago, SameDamnThing said:

I feel like Young is sneaky sliding to 4th. The rumblings at the combine were not good. First, he knew he was going to come in short. That's no surprise to him or anyone close to him. With that knowledge, the emphasis goes heavily to your throwing session and 40 to make up the difference. He declined to participate in either while the rest of his competition did at least throw and throw impressively. It seems to give the energy that he thought he was locked in at 1st overall or was afraid of testing and hurting his stock which are both bad news. This isn't a generational talent like Trevor Lawrence or Andrew Luck, this is a guy in a dead heat for the 1st pick and he treated the combine like a meet and greet. It sat wrong with a lot of teams. Some of these kids continue to get bad advice from agents.

All good points unless he blows away his pro day, which gives him more press/steam closer to draft day. 

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Blindly following a staff that has yet to prove themselves as QB whisperers is also kinda dumb. They have done nothing right now to prove they are what you and some people think they are. If they draft Levis or AR people have every right to be pissed off. But if in the end they actually make Levis or AR into a franchise QB then I will gladly admit I am wrong. 

People need to stop giving so much trust to a coaching staff that hasn't earned it. 

You actually think thie group of guys "have yet to prove themselves"?

Outside of McCown, That's kind of a strange statement.

I'd ask this though: What's the difference between "blindly following them" and bailing on them before a single game has been played?

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

I don’t believe it’s between Young and Stroud. I don’t think they’d publicly entertain a trade down if it was. They would just talk to Houston, Arizona, and Indy in private.

They traded up because AR and/or Levis was the target and they feared that all four QBs would be gone by 9. #5 wouldn’t be enough to insure their guy, and per Breer #3 cost as much as #1 because Chi wanted DJ. Now we control our own destiny and there’s no way we miss out on a QB.

Everyone’s going to freak if its AR or Levis because “we could have stayed put at 9” but based on how they’re moving I don’t think the folks on staff agree. Missing out on a top QB was their worst case scenario and this was the only way they could insure that wouldn’t happen. 

I think you are likely incorrect but we will see.

3 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Trading up to the #1 pick and getting the fans all excited thinking we're getting Stroud or Young only to trade down and get Levis? Good luck selling that to the fan base

Who gives a sh-t about fan excitement over an offseason move?

If you want fan excitement, win games.

Edited by Mr. Scot

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rimmer throws this out there...

I'm not a huge Brandin Cooks fan but it's probably fair to point out he's better than anyone we have right now.

That was exactly my thought after they traded DJ. Would be a lot of money for 2023 but, while painful, not unpalatable if they wanted to move on for 2024. Cooks can also go deep and run slot-type routes. 

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Trusting them is the only hope, whether you really feel good about it or not. 

1 minute ago, App Panther said:

All good points unless he blows away his pro day, which gives him more press/steam closer to draft day. 

The thing about the combine is that the level of pressure there simulates a pressurized NFL environment because the whole show isn't about showing how great you are. During a pro day, the team is going to do the best they can to show the routes you throw best and with WR talent you already know and a very scripted set of circumstances designed in favor of one specific person. Going to the combine and throwing to whoever and being forced to throw routes you don't prefer against other QB vying for your position is a stressful experience and one that NFL teams like to see how the talent responds. It sets everyone at equally uncomfortable and shows who can still bring it. 

• Pie 1

This board makes a thread- slowly morphs it into this person vs this person and if ya don’t agree, I’m gonna bash ya.

We’re all on the same team guys. We can like this and not that to the point where we’d be mad if we chose the one ya didn’t want.